U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM

8,356 posts, read 8,630,950 times

Advertisements

I feel for him too. However, people who can't but act out in court have no place in a judicial proceeding.

He could have avoided this by not coming to court at all. The system will deal with the perpetrator. It will not deal with him in the way that many here would like.

Our courts would become unable to function at all if such behavior is tolerated. I am actually more comfortable with those who take the law into their own hands outside of a court or the judicial system. Such actions have no ramifications on the ability of the court to function.

Another element is that innocent people (such as bystanders) are often hurt when others do take the law into their own hands. Its a big reason why we have a system and we mete out justice in the manner in which we do. A lynch mob mentality is nothing to be proud of.

I support at least some minimal sentence for people who come to court and attempt to take the law into their own hands. That much is needed to try and deter such behavior in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,643,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
A grieving father tried to attack the serial killer convicted of murdering his teenage daughter during sentencing in court but was restrained by security. I do not know why this does not happen more often.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ller-in-court/
Can anyone blame him? Like we all wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing. I remember something similar happening during Jeffrey Dahmer's trial but it was a woman that time.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

8,387 posts, read 5,072,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I feel for him too. However, people who can't but act out in court have no place in a judicial proceeding.

He could have avoided this by not coming to court at all. The system will deal with the perpetrator. It will not deal with him in the way that many here would like.

Our courts would become unable to function at all if such behavior is tolerated. I am actually more comfortable with those who take the law into their own hands outside of a court or the judicial system. Such actions have no ramifications on the ability of the court to function.

Another element is that innocent people (such as bystanders) are often hurt when others do take the law into their own hands. Its a big reason why we have a system and we mete out justice in the manner in which we do. A lynch mob mentality is nothing to be proud of.

I support at least some minimal sentence for people who come to court and attempt to take the law into their own hands. That much is needed to try and deter such behavior in the future.
While I may agree on principle, I think the father came to testify as is his right. I also doubt he would "normally" take such action in court, but I also understand that if almost ANY father - while testifying - turned to see the rapist murderer of his barely adult daughter smiling or laughing they would "lose it."

I have absolutely NO problem with the fathers actions and would be happy to contribute to any fine he is given - although I think the judge would be insane to issue one.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 AM

16,785 posts, read 19,719,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

Very easy for you to say. You're not the one with the murdered child.

No one knows how they will react until they're in the situation.

And the system does not always deal with the perpetrator.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,967,634 times
That is horrible, I know exactly that type of psychopath who just laughs for everyones suffering.

I hope they are giving the killer the extra for doing that.

Also if killer would get a shot of death I hope the one who gives a shot would grin to him till he dies. Not forget to fail giving the right shot first... Then just laugh for mistaken and set him wait the right one again.

Poor dad.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 AM

3,543 posts, read 1,226,093 times
He will die from old age before he's executed. The death penalty is a joke the way it is enforced in America.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,967,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He will die from old age before he's executed. The death penalty is a joke the way it is enforced in America.

Then could someone go 15 times a day front of him when he is behind bars and point him and evilly laugh for him?

These scumbags would deserve some suffering dang it as they made others to suffer. Find his soft spot and let him suffer till end.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:02 PM

14,557 posts, read 11,573,877 times
Oh god Im trying to just imagine how this man felt.. its heartbreaking...and happens so many times, I dont know why more dont go for the murderer in court... its so sad and such a waste of life... this poor man will be tormented until the day he dies. unlike the savage who killed his daughter...

Old 06-03-2016, 12:07 PM

16,572 posts, read 17,708,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
They showed this scene last night on all our local news stations. I don't blame the dad even though he was out of line. I hope he doesn't get in trouble because of this.
I would personally make pen pals with some hardcore mother f'ers wherever this guy is going. Then I would tell them how I am going to help their mom with some groceries once a month or help donate some money to their rent or their little brother is gonna get a helpful big brother to go shopping for school supplies or a bike a new flat screen tv since the old one is broken. But I have this little whittle problem with this guy who so happens is going to be placed near your block. He did some bad things and made me upset. Maybe you can talk to him and get him to understand how upset we are about his behavior. Really make him understand once a month that that behavior is unacceptable.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:10 PM

2,288 posts, read 2,503,513 times
I don't blame the grieving dad at all. I only wish he'd been in the same courtroom with these "guards", when the son got to beat down the monster who murdered his mom. I'd make a terrible guard in these types of situations. I'd "trip" and fall and be of no help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ffpDI3kLo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or