U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:51 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,119,547 times

Advertisements

Deport the smug faced mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 01:56 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,579,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
There should be some type of requirement that people who have Latino/Hispanic ties disclose their true "feelings" and ethnicity on the topic of immigration - if someone else has to disclose their religious beliefs.

You're a Latino who still has ["wealthy"]family in Ecuador, according to your prior posts. Even though you like to casually state you're "an American white guy".

Because as we know, race has nothing to do with ethnicity but LIBERAL people of Latino/Hispanic ethnicity tend to always support each other - right or wrong.

Do you support Open Borders?
I never said anyone had to disclose anything.

I am 1/4 Ecuadorian, but the rest of my ancestry is European. I look white and people generally perceive me as white anyway, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not white because I'm 1/4 mestizo. And it's ignorant of you to put "wealthy" in quotations like that if you knew anything about them.

No I don't support unrestricted immigration,
however that doesn't mean I look down on immigrants, even if they're illegal. I also think it's stupid trying to tie in illegal immigration to almost any topic one can.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:58 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,579,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
That's why I'd recommend drowning it.
Seriously?

This site feels like Stormfront sometimes.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:04 PM

15,711 posts, read 8,787,561 times
I just read a story indicating that the mother had a Caesaran Section at thirty-five weeks and was not in labor at the time. Looking more and more like the HUMC administration was fully aware of what it was doing.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:01 PM

21,557 posts, read 26,166,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
We are just about a decade or less to the point where antibiotics, about the only thing Big Pharma ever invented that has actually worked, will no longer be effective against the many common maladies that affect humanity. Just about every STD you can name, TB, and our favorite MRSA, are getting to the point where they can no longer be controlled by our medicine.

In less than a decade it will not be advisable to go to a hospital for any other reason but a dire, dire, trauma related accident. Elective surgery will be history. And I don't see that Big Pharma cares! They know the issue but they do not care. The profit on Cancer drugs, Erectile Dysfunction drugs and the legacy antibiotics and chronic disease palliatives make so much wealth for them that they are uninterested in rolling up their sleeves and getting down to the hard work of coming up with 2nd Generation Antibiotics.

There will never be an HIV cure or vaccine, there will never be an Ebola cure or vaccine, we have evidence with the "cure" of Hep C that was introduced that cures will be unaffordable for any but the 1% wealth class. So I am not sure what the fuss in this thread is about. This is the America you all WANT! You get very agitated when anyone suggests tax increases on the wealthy or mandates or regulations on our Industrial Sector. This is the result. Stop complaining. Relax and enjoy.
Antibiotics are not the only medications that "work". There are those that treat hypertension, asthma, diabetes, cancer, and many other conditions. If there are drugs that are "palliative" and only control the disease, so what? It means allowing people to live with things that could have killed or crippled them but don't.

Finding new vaccines now means coming up with whole new classes of them, not just cousins of those we have. That's not second generation, it's a whole new ball game. That means the research has to be funded. Should drug companies divert all of their R & D budget to new antibiotics? How would you propose to pay for it? How do you define "wealthy"?

Finding an HIV vaccine has been elusive. We cannot cure it at present, but we can prevent it from progressing to AIDS. We cannot cure Ebola, but we can support the patient while it runs its course, and there are already vaccines which are in the final stages of testing which appear to be very effective.

For those with hepatitis C there are patient assistance programs:

https://www.hepmag.com/basics/hepati...is-c-treatment

Yes, we need new ways to treat infections, but those may not be anything like the antibiotics we have now.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:07 PM

10,515 posts, read 6,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I have a friend of a friend who is an emergency room dr on Long Island and he says it's very popular for south americans to come here without any insurance or a way to pay for it to step off a plane and wind up at the emergency room to get a full health work up.

It's a terrible loop hole in our medical system and those folks know about it and work the system to their advantage.
This is a yuge problem. A real health reform bill would have amended EMTALA to exclude non-citizens and permanent residents.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just read a story indicating that the mother had a Caesaran Section at thirty-five weeks and was not in labor at the time. Looking more and more like the HUMC administration was fully aware of what it was doing.
Of course. The whole point was to throw down an anchor and get "free" care for a child she knew would have special needs.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:18 PM

15,711 posts, read 8,787,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Of course. The whole point was to throw down an anchor and get "free" care for a child she knew would have special needs.
And my point was that the hospital went along with the plan willingly for their own purposes. She was not in labor and had more than a month to go before it would have commenced naturally.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And my point was that the hospital went along with the plan willingly for their own purposes. She was not in labor and had more than a month to go before it would have commenced naturally.
Yup, and Im sure the government will pay the hospital for it in one form or another.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:42 PM

18,318 posts, read 11,718,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Infant was born on American soil and thus is automatically a citizen. That brings entitlement to Medicaid for the disability and a host of other funding that will continue for the whole of the child's life. It is highly unlikely the mother will return to Honduras now, as that place will not provide no where near the level of *welfare* available in New Jersey. If the family is well off they could self fund, but still likely won't equal level of what will be provided free and or nil cost here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or