Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 05:13 PM

9,772 posts, read 15,767,743 times

Advertisements

I want to be paid in pizza - especially good pizza from Italy. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 05:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,582,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Its 2016 now, this apparently occurred between 2008 and 2010. Child support was $335 a month per the article.

Seems like the guy legitimately had issues and at least he did offer food. If the wife hit him up for it, there is some value in that. Possibly even what was owed if the wife/daughter ate there for free every day. The guy potentially could have kept a record of what he provided from the restaurant.

Does not really seem unreasonable. Not sure if the Mom is working or paying child support at this point, but if she is it would be fair to deduct something from it for the time being.
It appears the wife accepted it for two years before going to court. What amounts to about $11 a day in food may be enough to feed her, but there are a lot of other expenses she surely incurred.

My objection is that there seems to have been no end date set for this. They're blaming the economy when it could have been he was just a lousy businessman. He probably should have started looking for a more secure job way before it got to the point where he could no longer pay his vendors.

IMO, the judge was remiss in just making it a forever deal without any attempt to recoup back pay over time, change the payments from meals to money, and make him accountable by having him report back to the court to make sure he was, in fact, looking for work.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:54 PM

4,990 posts, read 5,275,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It appears the wife accepted it for two years before going to court. What amounts to about $11 a day in food may be enough to feed her, but there are a lot of other expenses she surely incurred.

My objection is that there seems to have been no end date set for this. They're blaming the economy when it could have been he was just a lousy businessman. He probably should have started looking for a more secure job way before it got to the point where he could no longer pay his vendors.

IMO, the judge was remiss in just making it a forever deal without any attempt to recoup back pay over time, change the payments from meals to money, and make him accountable by having him report back to the court to make sure he was, in fact, looking for work.
The story doesn't clarify. I don't think it was a forever deal. I'm thinking it was just for those two to three years of the agreement. The daughter went to live with dad the next year. Presumably, it would then be mom's turn to pay alimony.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,882,254 times
Yum

Old 06-05-2016, 11:54 AM

531 posts, read 383,600 times
Glad the child got to be with its father after that. Hopefully mom payed her child support to dad after he got custody. Weather it was pizza or not.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,094,739 times
Poor people should think twice before they reproduce.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:25 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,121,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Poor people should think twice before they reproduce.
Lots of people reproduce when they think they are in a good situation - then s**t happens

Old 06-05-2016, 03:14 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,915,137 times
No matter what, he's going to be coughing up some dough.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,345,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm second generation on one side and just shake my head at the ignorance of the judges and politicians in Italy. How do pizza and calzones clothe a child, pay for her books, activities, medical and dental expenses, or anything else?

Italy is in a poor financial state. Maybe they could pay their judges with coda alla vaccinara.

Sometimes the stuff that comes out of Italy really makes me scratch my head.

But then again, that's probably why my ancestors (same for my husband) left. Though, I find that Italian-Americans born here have a lot of Italian pride. And my MIL also believes if she orders a pizza in her maiden name (Italian), they will make her pizza better.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,813,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25
I guess the child shall not go hungry!
Lets hope its GOOD pizza! (Thick)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events