U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 05:25 AM

5,998 posts, read 6,395,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The tough talk on here is funny. You just can't go beating someone to a pulp no matter their crime without getting into more trouble yourself. The Police are constantly under the microscope of justice and public opinion when they get tough on a criminal even when that criminal was seen shooting a fellow officer.

What should have been done in this bus situation is when the guy started beating the woman several people from the back should have rushed him and got him face down on the floor until he calmed down and the Police showed up.

Scenes like this are not like the movies people and the best the bus riders could have done was to "bum rush" the guy and immobilize him from hurting anyone else or himself.
Sorry - but a grown man kicking an elderly lady in the head is grounds for use of deadly force in most states now, at least places with Stand Your Ground laws. I probably would have taken him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,529,958 times
Intelligent and brave bus driver! She deserves an award.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:38 AM

7,174 posts, read 5,544,615 times
where was this

Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM

940 posts, read 525,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Any NYC native from the 1980's would say, "so"? That was a daily occurrence. And I am not kidding. People today don't realize how dangerous NYC used to be.

Mick
Yep Mick true but I think the 70s were worse , and people on the bus would have been kicking his ass . No doubt about it .

Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 PM

15,325 posts, read 16,907,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
where was this
Port Angeles, Washington

It's a small city of about 20,000 residents. It seems to be pretty crime-ridden.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 06-15-2016 at 06:59 AM..

Old 06-19-2016, 05:05 PM

9,160 posts, read 3,977,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

yes it's worth losing my life over i would rather die then be a coward. You just going to let someone beat an old woman right in front of you wow I saw 4 what looked like young men run out of the bus. They could have wrestled the guy down he is 59 year old man vr 4 of them. The problem is youth today are taught to run and cry to their parents or school when bullied instead of facing their fears. When i was young we never backed down from a bully you stood up even if you lost a fight. We didn't run to mommy when you had a problem with a bully. My school had mandatory boxing and wrestling in pe every male had to learn. If this guy was mentally ill he should be locked up in a state mental hospital this is the problem when you see someone who is unstable need to get the police to have him committed.

amen!

Old 06-20-2016, 12:46 PM

3,311 posts, read 2,194,181 times
A bit OT but, when I was on the bus heading to downtown Seattle this morning, a seemingly mentally ill male passenger (who had been mumbling curses under his breath, hissing and glaring at everyone), spit on a young women next to him, and she socked him dead in the face. The people around her acted like they didn't notice a thing (even though there were several young men standing near her). The cuckoo called her a few nasty names and shuffled away from her. Guess he wasn't as crazy as he seemed. I must say I was a bit rattled, as I've never seen anything like this firsthand.

It made me think of the poor old woman all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events