Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:42 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times

Advertisements

I would have acted out the opening scene in the movie out for justice on that dude. "oh you like to beat on women you azzhole? come beat on me" then throw him through the windshield. No joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 07:50 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
My husband and I have been on the bus with this guy before. He was once getting on and off the bus accusing all of us of having AIDS and he was yelling then , I recognize him and I sat next to my husband looking out the window . I do not know him personally but there are many VERY CRAZY DANGEROUS PEOPLE who ride the bus in the Seattle Metro Area .
Last year someone had a Grand Mal seizure on the bus quite always from me after I'd had minor surgery and was trying to go home to rest. After watching him seize for what seemed forever a lady and I had enough and got up to help him and everyone on the bus started screaming at us NOT TO TOUCH him . I called 911 and she stabilized him while I held her steady- I was not in the best shape . We looked crazy but the bus would not stop until the cops and FD EMS pulled us over , so we were driving along like this . it was VERY wild . I do not know why others would not help we were probably the oldest on the bus . Early 50's.
Why doesn't the bus driver call the police and have these people thrown off the bus if they are yelling in people's faces that's disturbing the peace he is already breaking the law. I guess the city hires bus drivers who are inept and cowards. In my state I can carry concealed riding on a bus if I choose to but I don't ride the bus because it's full of druggy street people rather spend 5$ a gallon to avoid those people. Someone told me Seattle Washington was overrunned with street people on drugs they aggressively pan handle bully people into giving them money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
How do you know you would have taken him?What if he had a weapon?Is SOME RANDOM old lady worth loosing your life?
Yes it's worth losing my life over I would rather die then be a coward. You just going to let someone beat an old woman right in front of you wow I saw 4 what looked like young men run out of the bus. They could have wrestled the guy down he is 59 year old man vr 4 of them. The problem is youth today are taught to run and cry to their parents or school when bullied instead of facing their fears. When I was young we never backed down from a bully you stood up even if you lost a fight. We didn't run to mommy when you had a problem with a bully. My school had mandatory boxing and wrestling in PE every male had to learn. If this guy was mentally ill he should be locked up in a state mental hospital this is the problem when you see someone who is unstable need to get the police to have him committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
That makes sense their was NO way that was a random attack,I bet if we dig deeper she did something to make him that angry.Granted what he did is NOT justified,but however this wasn't a random attack many people thought it was.Either way that man is a violent dangerous individual who deserves to be in prison,people like him have no place in society.
The ACLU fought with states and got all the mental people to be released from state hospitals years ago those people like this man are now on the streets.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:34 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
The tough talk on here is funny. You just can't go beating someone to a pulp no matter their crime without getting into more trouble yourself. The Police are constantly under the microscope of justice and public opinion when they get tough on a criminal even when that criminal was seen shooting a fellow officer.

What should have been done in this bus situation is when the guy started beating the woman several people from the back should have rushed him and got him face down on the floor until he calmed down and the Police showed up.

Scenes like this are not like the movies people and the best the bus riders could have done was to "bum rush" the guy and immobilize him from hurting anyone else or himself.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
This horrific bus attack is what nightmares are made of | New York Post

The video left me literally scared and upset. Can you imagine? You are riding on the bus minding your own business and some nut job attacks you with a kick to the face for no reason. Apparently, it was an 80 year old woman.

These days, if we are out in the public, it is getting so we have to be on our guard at all times and expect just about anything!
Any NYC native from the 1980's would say, "so"? That was a daily occurrence. And I am not kidding. People today don't realize how dangerous NYC used to be.

Mick

Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
This horrific bus attack is what nightmares are made of | New York Post

The video left me literally scared and upset. Can you imagine? You are riding on the bus minding your own business and some nut job attacks you with a kick to the face for no reason. Apparently, it was an 80 year old woman.

These days, if we are out in the public, it is getting so we have to be on our guard at all times and expect just about anything!
Don't leave home without your taser.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
The other passengers are POS and I'm sure karma will come their way

Old 06-10-2016, 09:39 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Some truth to the coward generation couple of my coworkers tell me how their kids are too scared to drive a car sit around and play video games all day cry about being bullied at high school. Seems like the current generation is too soft to me had life too easy not saying everyone. I laugh when I read about being bullied online when I was in school you got bullied because you didn't stand up to them. Even if it meant getting beat up you still didn't back down that's how you earned respect. I worry if this nation was ever in a real war like WW2 the generation of today would just run like cowards.
Do you know what happens to the kid being bullied under today's zero tolerance policies? I'm guessing you don't. You even hit that bully back and you are quite possibly going to be sent to an "alternative " ( read dangerous , reform type ) school.

I feel bad for the old lady. I was accosted by a homeless schizophrenic off his meds a year or so ago. I was afraid that I would have to kill him, but was able to talk him down.

Bravo to the brave bus driver! We need to start a small "go fund me " and get her a vacation!

Old 06-11-2016, 01:13 AM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do you know what happens to the kid being bullied under today's zero tolerance policies? I'm guessing you don't. You even hit that bully back and you are quite possibly going to be sent to an "alternative " ( read dangerous , reform type ) school.

I feel bad for the old lady. I was accosted by a homeless schizophrenic off his meds a year or so ago. I was afraid that I would have to kill him, but was able to talk him down.

Bravo to the brave bus driver! We need to start a small "go fund me " and get her a vacation!

"Zero Tolerance policy's" If someone is beating you up just stand there be a punching bag? Is that what we have become.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:06 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
where was this bus incident?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:25 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
"Zero Tolerance policy's" If someone is beating you up just stand there be a punching bag? Is that what we have become.
Yes, if someone attacks you and you even attempt to defend yourself then you are punished for "fighting." When you complain they always say "it takes two to fight." For many students the idea/fear of being suspended from school is enough to keep them locked in place as victims. What kind of future is available to a student who was 'suspended for fighting'? They are told by staff that no one will hire them for a job if they have a poor high school record and the fear of having their whole future ruined is very powerful to many who are law/rule abiding, good students. And if they complain to staff about being beat, the staff tells them not to tattle and blames them for their own victimization. They're told things like that they're "troublemakers" or "you bring it on yourself with your attitude" or "you could make them stop if you wanted to bad enough" and similar things. Kind of hard to make them stop though when you're outnumbered and small and they jump you on a regular basis while the rest of the student body cheers it on like it's just so fun to see you get beat. Even the staff sometimes watches and does nothing. Just the way people really are. Some people have learned that the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events