U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:00 PM

417 posts, read 202,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
I never understood this.. Do fat people eat past the point where it hurts? I don't understand how they can eat SO MUCH. I eat two slices of pizza and I am full. More, and it hurts to eat. Am I alone here?? After a sandwich or a salad or whatever, I am full. I seriously can't eat more without it hurting my stomach. Do fat people eat until it hurts then keep going? I sometimes see them eating.. they eat like 5x more than me and we are the same height. I wonder if their stomach hurts? Serious question.. Which I never asked anyone!
I can eat a whole pizza and not feel full because honestly pizza has no nutrients. But if I eat a small bowl of salad with the fixings I am stuffed. I think people also eat so fast they don't realize they are full. My parent's always told me to wait 15 minutes after I ate and see if I was still hungry until I had another serving. People just eat and eat they don't think about what their eating they just stuff their face. I don't think it's till later that people realize they ate WAY to much but it's a normal feeling so they don't think about it.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:40 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,044,580 times
There's a trick to eating like a walrus. On Thanksgiving for instance, try these basic steps:
1. Stuff yourself with as much turkey as you can grab.
2. Go take a dump
3. Wolf down your share of the mashed taters/stuffing/cranberries
4. Go take another dump
5. Now you can have as much pumpkin pie as you can eat, providing the hogsters at the table didn't finish it whilst you were taking dumps.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:58 AM

7,741 posts, read 5,326,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
There's a trick to eating like a walrus. On Thanksgiving for instance, try these basic steps:
2. Go take a dump
4. Go take another dump
5. Now you can have as much pumpkin pie as you can eat, providing the hogsters at the table didn't finish it whilst you were taking dumps.
And make sure you don't wash your hands after said dumps, and eat with your dirty fingers. Increases the chance of getting a stomach bug which in turn can give you diarrhea which will help you poop faster.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:56 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,898,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Isn't it ironic.

Our nation has never seen more readily available information on how to properly eat, how to properly exercise, etc. etc.

We have the most cutting edge technology and know how in exercise science, to the point we know exactly which forms of exercise and how long to do them, and at what intensity, in order to maximize fat loss.

Hell, in a matter of seconds we can look at a few youtube videos and start doing some basic but intense bodyweight exercises that will start burning the fat.

We have the most cutting edge knowledge in nutrition, on what and how many calories to eat in order to lose weight and become ripped.

All of this, and yet Americans have seemingly gotten fatter and fatter.

People in this country and around the world will continue to get fatter until they learn to drastically change their eating patterns and habits. Portion control, basically.
I agree. Fat people have always made me sick. I'm not taking about proportionally heavy like that Ashley What'sHerName big model. She's gorgeous and very well built. But fat...both men and women. Nasty.

Along with how much they eat is the what they eat. Pure garbage. They drink pure sugar and eat pure fat. It's disgusting. And add even more when you consider what people are wearing with their fat globs hanging out. Yikes!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:13 AM

4,002 posts, read 1,796,115 times
I had lunch with a friend. This particular lunch room served sodas in a can. My friend drank 4 during the course of lunch. I looked at them and asked, "Did you know you just ate about 40 packets of sugar?" Their only response was "You take all the fun out of everything."

Old 06-10-2016, 04:15 AM

5,314 posts, read 2,886,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I don't think this is a gender issue. It is, however, a health crisis which has the potential to destroy our country's healthcare system. I have many friends who are health professionals, and to a person they believe that the sheer number of diabetes- and other obesity-related patients threatens to grow to an unsustainable level, if steps are not taken to deal with the poor diet and shocking ignorance of so many Americans regarding nutrition and exercise.

People are living longer than ever. But the future quality of life for many is dismal, owing to their poor physical condition and lack of mobility. It is time for public health officials - starting with the Surgeon General - to address this issue in a meaningful way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It makes me sad to see so many folks -- many in their thirties and forties -- who can barely get around. Case in point: my wife and I attended an air show at a local airport this past weekend. The tarmac and runways were, of course, quite long, and it required quite a bit of walking to enjoy the exhibits and old planes ( they had a B-25 and a P-51 Mustang, among other WWII vintage aircraft). We were shocked to see how many people needed motorized scooters and other aids, simply to get around. In addition, the event organizers supplied golf carts for the more obese spectators. But the really depressing thing, to me, was the number of young parents who pushed their kids around in strollers, stuffed with sugary snacks, chips, and sodas. And I'm talking about five-, six-, seven-year-olds! A whole future generation of people with limited mobility and poor physical fitness was being trained right before our eyes...

This is not good, people. We may not be able to agree on politics or religion, but we damn sure can agree that America Needs to Get Up Off Its Fat Ass.
Amen!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:26 AM

8,594 posts, read 2,900,085 times
To be fair it's not just America, it's the Western World as a whole.

In Britain we were actually healthier under wartime food rationing, which lasted until the 1950's.

Want to go to war on your weight? Try the ration book diet | Daily Mail Online

Reasons why the wartime diet was good for us | Health | Life & Style | Daily Express

Waging a war for a healthy, thrifty diet - Telegraph

Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,123,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
That's probably right. I live near an area where the average net worth is 8 figures and all the women seem to be size 0.
I always have to ask how the hell is this a size? Zero means nothing, but when it comes to a woman's size it is now..........the woman weighs nothing!

Much more stuff has sugar and preservatives, Along with many more women drink sugar alcohol drinks, than women before them. Some women claim they can drink as much beer as a man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Today's size 12 would have been about a 16 in the 60s.
Actually, they say Marilyn Monroe was a size 12.........she looked pretty hot!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
2. Go take a dump
4. Go take another dump
Seriously, you can take a dump on command?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM

27,993 posts, read 19,647,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not misinformation at all. most people burn 1500 calories or more daily just as a basal metabolic rate.
Resting Metabolic Rate Calculator - Shape Up America!
Your post made it sound as if you had to actively work off 2,000 calories per day. That simply isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events