U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 AM

2,133 posts, read 863,178 times

Advertisements

We're all fat enough here in America, we could stand to miss a meal here or there or to not eat for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 06:27 AM

8,696 posts, read 7,770,613 times
I'm shocked that a meal was served on such a short flight.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:16 AM

4,948 posts, read 6,872,223 times
I flew an American Airlines flight from Philadelphia to Miami just yeserday and the sad truth is.....the staff at American is very rude.

I had a roller bag with me as a carry-on (it meets the size qualifications to be a carry-on) and took the very same bag back up to Philadelphia from Miami as a carry-on 5 days prior with no issue.
So one could reasonably assume that on the flight back to Miami my bag would not be an issue....

So as im boarding with zone 2 (that was my zone) a lady at American Airlines says "Sir, you're going to need to check your bag...".... A bit confused I responded in a very polite and non-combative way-- "oh it'll fit just fine..I used this same bag as a carry-on 5 days prior and had no issue"..... She responds in a very nasty way and starts raising her voice: "Sir you either check the bag or I call the cops"....

Needless to say I handed her the bag, but I just thought the way she handled it was SUUUPER aggressive and combative and actually really unnecessary. I was merely seeking some clarification as to why I needed to check my bag if the very same bag was acceptable 5 days earlier. Also, boarding with zone 2 there was still plenty of over head space to fit my bag as others behind me had roller bags and bags that were in fact larger than mine.

Really irked me.....not that I had to check my bag...that's a minor inconvenience but to be threatened to have the cops called because I merely question the logic as to why my bag (accepatble earlier) is no longer acceptable. And to clarify-- I did not have a nasty tone or being an a-hole in anyway. I just said it was fine and my bag will fit as I had no issues on my earlier flights.

The rules are not applied universally or fairly. It all seems so arbitrary.
While I agree airline folks have a tough job dealing with many a-hole types...u gotta wonder why ppl's a-hole sides tends to come out when traveling??? Because airlines treat their passengers like crap IMO.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:04 AM

1,814 posts, read 605,383 times
That passenger was a total idiot and the attendant finally had enough of his s***. Anyone who works with the public all day knows a certain percentage of customers refuse to act in a civilized manner and actually go out of their way to belittle the employee.

I work retail and have learned not to let people get at me, but EVERY SO OFTEN, when a rude customer is just getting in my face for the fun of it, I kinda let them know I am not their whipping boy and refuse to be treated as such. Doesn't happen often that I lose it, but when I do, they usually get the point quickly.

Nope, the flight attendant did nothing wrong........the passenger was an ass. The passenger should have been put off the flight and banned from flying with them again.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:31 AM

7,040 posts, read 8,195,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yet another wanna be viral hero provoking and escalating the situation by filming and hassling an employee that probably gets crap thrown at him everyday on the job. Yea I get it you have to be professional, but sometimes...

Flight Attendant Tells Passenger to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHPM4mTebM
The times I've flown I've noticed first class and business class passengers are often very rude. I'm sure the flight attendant gets sick of them after a while.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:17 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,076,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Yeah, I like when these 'filmmakers' show an 'innocent' person (usually African-American) getting their ass kicked by the cops ... they never seem to show what preceded the ass kicking.
Meh, CD posters race baiting as usual

I took a flight to NYC from Miami a few months ago. Some lady(black by the way) was getting a nasty attitude with a male flight attendant(he was either white, middle eastern or hispanic, IDK) but he wasn't putting up with her BS because she wanted to be treated like royalty and many people in the airplane of all colors told the woman to shut the H... up. She was like "Don't you see the way he is treating me, I'm the customer" we were like "whatever"

Old 06-11-2016, 12:21 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,825,417 times
Never discuss religion on a flight.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:37 PM

7,289 posts, read 12,868,909 times
As much as I fly, you'd think I would have seen some of these so-called rude passengers, yet I rarely do. I fly almost exclusively AA now because of mergers and where I live. There are some windbags in first and business class, but most of the time things are pretty chill. If anything, the windbags give more trouble to other passengers instead of the flight attendants.

That said, American seems to have a formula for hiring sourpuss flight attendants, especially the Chicago based crews. It's like they sought out the sour attitudes that no other airline would touch. Fortunately, out where I live, most of the crews are ex America West people who came to AA via US after the America West merger. America West hired people who were genuine and nice. It's easy to pick out the ex-AW crews just from casual observation. American seems to favor the constantly irritated, burn-in-hell fake smile types. Same for United. I think it's something with Chicago.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:45 PM

18,888 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I flew an American Airlines flight from Philadelphia to Miami just yeserday and the sad truth is.....the staff at American is very rude.

I had a roller bag with me as a carry-on (it meets the size qualifications to be a carry-on) and took the very same bag back up to Philadelphia from Miami as a carry-on 5 days prior with no issue.
So one could reasonably assume that on the flight back to Miami my bag would not be an issue....

So as im boarding with zone 2 (that was my zone) a lady at American Airlines says "Sir, you're going to need to check your bag...".... A bit confused I responded in a very polite and non-combative way-- "oh it'll fit just fine..I used this same bag as a carry-on 5 days prior and had no issue"..... She responds in a very nasty way and starts raising her voice: "Sir you either check the bag or I call the cops"....

Needless to say I handed her the bag, but I just thought the way she handled it was SUUUPER aggressive and combative and actually really unnecessary. I was merely seeking some clarification as to why I needed to check my bag if the very same bag was acceptable 5 days earlier. Also, boarding with zone 2 there was still plenty of over head space to fit my bag as others behind me had roller bags and bags that were in fact larger than mine.

Really irked me.....not that I had to check my bag...that's a minor inconvenience but to be threatened to have the cops called because I merely question the logic as to why my bag (accepatble earlier) is no longer acceptable. And to clarify-- I did not have a nasty tone or being an a-hole in anyway. I just said it was fine and my bag will fit as I had no issues on my earlier flights.

The rules are not applied universally or fairly. It all seems so arbitrary.
While I agree airline folks have a tough job dealing with many a-hole types...u gotta wonder why ppl's a-hole sides tends to come out when traveling??? Because airlines treat their passengers like crap IMO.
I agree with you.

The last time I flew one of their flights I was returning from living overseas. Most of my stuff was shipped back to the States, but I had more luggage than a person normally would have. When I got to the ticket counter the agent started yelling at me about the weight of my luggage and kept saying, "You have to throw some stuff in the trash!" (over and over). I very calmly said, "That's not true. I already checked, and I am willing to pay the additional fee involved." "No! You aren't thinking straight. Throw some stuff away!" In the end, she knew I was right. But she was incompetent and rude and wasn't doing her job.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:46 PM

18,888 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
As much as I fly, you'd think I would have seen some of these so-called rude passengers, yet I rarely do. I fly almost exclusively AA now because of mergers and where I live. There are some windbags in first and business class, but most of the time things are pretty chill. If anything, the windbags give more trouble to other passengers instead of the flight attendants.

That said, American seems to have a formula for hiring sourpuss flight attendants, especially the Chicago based crews. It's like they sought out the sour attitudes that no other airline would touch. Fortunately, out where I live, most of the crews are ex America West people who came to AA via US after the America West merger. America West hired people who were genuine and nice. It's easy to pick out the ex-AW crews just from casual observation. American seems to favor the constantly irritated, burn-in-hell fake smile types. Same for United. I think it's something with Chicago.
I used to fly a lot. I saw more rude flight attendants than I ever saw rude business class passengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or