Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:32 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
That flight attendant has no recourse? When idiots like this use their cameras and their bad attitudes to publish film clips of us, with the intention of making us look bad, we should have a means of fighting back. Doesn't this fall under the heading of slander or libel, or both? Where have our rights gone?

At the very least, his employer should ban the jerk from flying with them. I'm sure they could track down that passenger.
Honestly, I'm surprised the airlines even permit taking photos and video inside the plane at all.

The flight attendant may have been rude but sometimes you have to be with certain people. He doesn't need to be distracted from his job to explain the reasons they serve rows in a given order which could range from arbitrary randomness to some complex logistical reason that maximizes efficiency. He wasn't going to allow himself to get into a long winded argument so he told the passenger to shut up.

What was the passenger's point anyway? If they ran out they ran out. *Somebody* was not going to get their spaghetti. Arguing about it isn't going to make there be more spaghetti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
"Sir, thank you for patience. Here is your pasta carbonara, freshly made from cheese, peas, ham and cream of sum yom gui. Enjoy! Just wait a minute so I can start recording as you eat . . . . this is going to go viral."

Mick

Old 06-10-2016, 08:45 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
"Sir, thank you for patience. Here is your pasta carbonara, freshly made from cheese, peas, ham and cream of sum yom gui. Enjoy! Just wait a minute so I can start recording as you eat . . . . this is going to go viral."

Mick
^^^^^This^^^^^
Exactly. Always a smart move to mess with somebody delivering your food. Seen it too many times working in restaurants when I was younger.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:36 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
The passenger was being a big baby. Who cries over disgusting air line food? Granted we don't fly first class or business but what you bring with to eat has to be better then air line TV dinner like food.

I wish I was sitting behind him and had the pasta. I would have gladly given it to him, but there's no guarantee that it wouldn't end up on his head.

Oh so sorry. I slipped.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
The passenger was probably an ass, but since when does that justify finger wagging and "shut up" on the part of the people who should know how to remain polite and courteous while pushing back? The FA is also an ass.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Is it OK if I don't like anyone in this story? Although the passenger gets the biggest black mark for starting the entire "Why did my row get asked last?" BS. Somebody had to be last. There is not going to be X number of each meal for X passengers. Sometimes life hands us the sticky end of the stick and adults need to be able to handle that. And finally, it's airplane food, FFS. It's not like you've waited a year for your reservation at Chez Louis only to be told that tonight is cheeseburger night.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:20 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The passenger was probably an ass, but since when does that justify finger wagging and "shut up" on the part of the people who should know how to remain polite and courteous while pushing back? The FA is also an ass.
Or maybe the FA is a human who had taken enough abuse from this passenger before the camera started rolling.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:56 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
It seems like it is almost socially acceptable to abuse FAs.

I side with the FA.

Looks like the passenger provoked the FA to get trafffic to his website.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM

769 posts, read 782,624 times
I'm not with the FA. Threatening with arrest over a petty issue like this is way out of line.

The FA has too much power if he truly can have a passenger arrested just for talking to him.

Besides this, business class or first class tickets are usually extremely expensive so why can't American stock enough food for the few passengers who pay or qualify for these expensive seats?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Besides this, business class or first class tickets are usually extremely expensive so why can't American stock enough food for the few passengers who pay or qualify for these expensive seats?
While that may be a valid point it's not something within the control of the FA and having a discussion about it with the FA is not going to accomplish anything. The flier should have kept his mouth shut on the plane and filed his complaint to airline management after the flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events