U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:06 PM

19,317 posts, read 20,215,787 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information on how this madman was able to get off at least 100-150 rounds? Was the weapon converted to full automatic? How many clips was he carrying? How many times did he reload? Why didn't anyone in the club notice his weapon and the large case or bag filled with ammunition? Why did no one return fire?

Old 06-12-2016, 07:11 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,807,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
There's religion for you.

Westboro is a family of attorneys that troll for reactions, trying to get people to get physical with them and then sue the pants off of them and the local municipality for failing to protect them. They've done well enough to keep the schtick going long term.

Old man Phelps was actually heavily involved with the Civil Rights movement, represented a lot of poor blacks that were unjustly accused of crimes when no other attorney would. He did a lot of good stuff and became somewhat of a Democrat party heavyweight, becoming very close friends with Al and Tipper Gore.

At some point in the early 80's, after one of his secretaries sued him, he seemingly lost his marbles, flipped out in court, lost his legal license and it was all pretty much downhill after that.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Status: "Certified Victim™ who walked away" (set 16 days ago)

9,177 posts, read 6,841,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
horror. Isis claims resp. shooters dad claims nothing to doo with Isis. what a messy world.
Pops just said he was mad that Omar purportedly saw two menses kissing in Miami. This is as if to say, mah son's a lion (highly devoted to his "deen" of Islam) and he did right.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:23 PM

5,410 posts, read 2,882,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
From a tactical point of view, this was absolutely a planned attack for maximum killing. Look at the time of day he began the attack. At such an hour many in the club would be intoxicated from drugs and or alcohol. Their reaction time would be greatly reduced thus giving him an opportunity to kill or injure many victims. This also happened during a very busy night (Saturday night/early Sunday morning).

I suggest the homosexual community be cautious and watchful prior to and during any gay pride events.
I'm going to the TC Pride festival in Minneapolis. I spoke with a representative that told me they're getting cops and FBI agents to ensure the safety of those in the events. I'm not letting radical fundamentalists scare me from expressing myself.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 PM

5,410 posts, read 2,882,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I don't know if it's true but some are reporting the shooter is Omar Mateen from Port Saint Lucie FL (125 miles from Orlando) Some say he was born in the USA and his parents are afghans. Others report he had made some threats in the past but they don't know the details of those threats.

It hasn't been a good weekend for Orlando. It seems all the crazies from other parts of FL have decided to make Orlando their target.
Agreed. I'm still choked up by the killing of Christina Grimmie I wasn't like a huge fan of her, but I DO remember when she was up and coming on YouTube, and she was a very talented young woman and going places. It's heartbreaking, and now this horrifying news at a nightclub. Prayers for Orlando. City's been having a horrible weekend. I was just talking to my cousin who was down there at the parks. Horrible stuff.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 PM

7,306 posts, read 3,994,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
And what do you believe drove, underlined, and or cultivated his hatred of gays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

Old 06-12-2016, 07:34 PM

12,874 posts, read 10,838,929 times
Well, I just sent an email to a cop friend of mine to tell him
about a very dark, angry Muslim chef in my town...with
an expired passport and asking my friend to marry him, so he could stay in the country.

Equation: Muslim, very angry guy, no ID, expired passport, looking for an American wife!

Did I do the right thing....yes...investigate this guy!

Old 06-12-2016, 07:39 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,205,329 times
I must have hurt somebody's feelings by having my post deleted..Unbelievable...

Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,205,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, I just sent an email to a cop friend of mine to tell him
about a very dark, angry Muslim chef in my town...with
an expired passport and asking my friend to marry him, so he could stay in the country.

Equation: Muslim, very angry guy, no ID, expired passport, looking for an American wife!

Did I do the right thing....yes...investigate this guy!

Send it to the FBI. Do not wait for your cop friend to help....

Old 06-12-2016, 07:42 PM

26,923 posts, read 28,281,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I disagree. Mental illness is not the only motivator for violence. Religious fervor has long been a common one as well. If you are saying that religious fervor of such a degree that it justifies murder amounts to mental illness in itself, that's not the accepted psychiatric definition.

Also, he worked as a security guard, which would not have been possible if he'd had any diagnosis of a severe mental illness (e.g., schizophrenia).
There are far more ford of mental illness than schizophrenia. And let's be honest, American culture promotes violence as a solution to most problems. And people who go into law enforcement generally are more prone to reacting with physical force than other groups.

We don't need to go and blame every Muslim for this one guys bad deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or