U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 AM

16,785 posts, read 19,679,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another day, another mass shooting.

My guess is, as always, yet another individual with the proverbial chip on their shoulder.

A narcissist that was bitter about a world that never paid him 'respect.'

So as per SOP such individuals seek their 15 minutes of infamy by engaging in acts so heinous they'll achieve the fame and attention they so craved.

Just like the Va Tech shooter.

No doubt a manifesto and Internet rantings will soon be uncovered.

Doesn't matter if the stated cause was religion, race, whatever, the underlying root cause is always the same.

Not true. Enough of the PC nonsense.

The media now has a problem, a radical Muslim has just done the largest mass shooting in US history at a gay nightclub.

How are they going to spin this one? There is a problem with radical Islam and always coming up with "it doesn't matter who the shooter was" is getting old.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:05 AM

9,985 posts, read 6,399,117 times
Shooter's father says son targeted gays.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:08 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,800,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

The media now has a problem, a radical Muslim has just done the largest mass shooting in US history at a gay nightclub.

How are they going to spin this one? There is a problem with radical Islam and always coming up with "it doesn't matter who the shooter was" is getting old.

On Reddit they had a long thread going and a lot of the comments were suspecting some random Florida hee-haw hillbilly type as the shooter, then reports came out that the FBI suspected Islamist motivations and the whole thread was locked down and every subsequent thread or comment has been deleted while the moderators just start to mass-ban people.

https://i.sli.mg/jNVCKF.png

https://sli.mg/vhSDoC

This guy seems to fit a similar profile as a lot of the recent European terrorists. Not a foreigner, a domestic, the son of immigrants, a guy that likely went out and got radicalized by some radical Wahhabi's, something we allow the Saudi's to spread globally so we can all afford to drive our big ass trucks around. Look at every Islamic terrorist attack over the past 30 years in Western nations and pretty much somewhere in there was a link to some radical Wahhabist.

It is the most militant and dangerous form of Islam, preying on other Muslims as much as outsiders and we are actively subsidizing it and allowing the Saudi's to spend billions spreading this ideology around the world. Yeah us!

Last edited by Juram; 06-12-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Old 06-12-2016, 10:22 AM

1,384 posts, read 760,927 times
This was one of the deadliest mass shootings in history, perpetrated by a Muslim that had ties to extremist groups and was already known to the FBI.

These attacks are getting worse and more frequent. Something needs to be done here.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:23 AM

11,589 posts, read 17,535,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
50 dead, another 53 injured.
One person with AR15.
AR15 clip holds 30 bullets in one magazine. I doubt he brought the big drum magazine that holds 100 bullets.
Did he reload like 5 times?
This is probably why they want to limit and track magazines with over 15 rounds.
All that will come out in due time, they mentioned a hand gun and an additional "suspicious device" (maybe an explosive?). I suspect there will be much discussion on why it took the SWAT team 3 hours to storm the place. How did he even get into the club with a long gun (I guess he literally shot his way in)?

Shooter also appears to be a security guard with a criminal justice degree, possible licensed to carry firearms due to his occupation.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 AM

3,572 posts, read 3,050,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I am going to say this once. Please use this thread to talk about the tragedy that happened. All posts that diverge to discuss the greater details of Islam, pro/anti 2nd ammendment conversation, pro/anti-homosexuality or any other subject or philosophy meant for other forums will be deleted. You are welcome mention these things within the context of the conversation. If you cannot help yourself and must insert your opinion in a way that it causes this thread to go off topic it will be deleted. This is a moderating post. Do not respond to it, and/or quote it.
Emphasizing my point once again. I don't want to close this thread. I am trying to keep it open. I cannot hover over it constantly to keep it inline with the rules for Current Events. This is a moderating post. Do not respond to it, and/or quote it.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:25 AM

9,316 posts, read 7,335,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

The shooter was a US citizen who used his constitutional rights to practice the religion of his choice. Sure, he was a Muslim, but that isn't the cause.

Sorry, but I'm no more afraid of Muslims as whites/Christians such as Dylan Roof or Robert Lewis Dear Jr or James Holmes, etc.

People of all types commit these awful crimes.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:25 AM

5,482 posts, read 5,797,745 times
Anyone know if he'd traveled to the Middle East?

Old 06-12-2016, 10:26 AM

4,948 posts, read 6,892,137 times
It's just so so sad.

I can't help but be infuriated that yet again..... we are faced with another mass shooting.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 AM

21,070 posts, read 15,366,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
The shooter was a US citizen who used his constitutional rights to practice the religion of his choice. Sure, he was a Muslim, but that isn't the cause.

Sorry, but I'm no more afraid of Muslims as whites/Christians such as Dylan Roof or Robert Lewis Dear Jr or James Holmes, etc.

People of all types commit these awful crimes.
As more info comes out, we are going to find out he was immersed in a hateful worldview, incompatible with American life. It is absolutely essential to understanding what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or