U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2016, 02:20 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,279 posts, read 1,392,525 times
Reputation: 3767

Advertisements

Same old ... in the name of the 'religion of peace' ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...i-abballa-isis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2016, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
5,428 posts, read 9,618,612 times
Reputation: 8645
Oh, is he the same religion as this guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,279 posts, read 1,392,525 times
Reputation: 3767
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Oh, is he the same religion as this guy?
The incident you cite was apparently down to a random nut job. Not done in the name of religion (of any kind) at all. Non sequitur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 04:14 PM
 
5,273 posts, read 11,984,939 times
Reputation: 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
The incident you cite was apparently down to a random nut job. Not done in the name of religion (of any kind) at all. Non sequitur.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e5b_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 04:53 PM
 
9,344 posts, read 5,861,768 times
Reputation: 7595
So, they released him after serving time for being part of a terrorist recruitment network. Bad move, they should have executed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Denver and Boston
1,702 posts, read 1,451,470 times
Reputation: 3453
Waiting for Obama to imply the attacks in Europe and NYC were also Trump's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 05:59 PM
 
Location: S. FL (hell for me-wife loves it)
2,999 posts, read 1,748,388 times
Reputation: 8965
My heart goes out to both families and the country of France. This is so very tragic. May they rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Outside of Chicago
4,604 posts, read 3,786,490 times
Reputation: 6549
People need to stop misusing the word terrorism. Terrorism is..."the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal" according to Merriam-Webster. Every time a Muslim kills somebody doesn't mean it is terrorism. We don't know enough to classify it as terrorism or just some douche stabbing people, but it sounds like a psycho who happens to be a jihadist getting revenge on the former top cop who sent him away than an act of terror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 PM
 
9,344 posts, read 5,861,768 times
Reputation: 7595
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
People need to stop misusing the word terrorism. Terrorism is..."the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal" according to Merriam-Webster. Every time a Muslim kills somebody doesn't mean it is terrorism. We don't know enough to classify it as terrorism or just some douche stabbing people, but it sounds like a psycho who happens to be a jihadist getting revenge on the former top cop who sent him away than an act of terror.
So, you think he was reformed in prison and decided not to be a terrorist anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,386 posts, read 4,063,473 times
Reputation: 7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, they released him after serving time for being part of a terrorist recruitment network. Bad move, they should have executed him.
Absolutely, it's long past time that we get medieval on these savages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top