U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2016, 02:09 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
8,644 posts, read 2,917,925 times
Reputation: 5165

Advertisements

The stupidity of the police in most countries never ceases to amaze me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2016, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Subconscious Syncope, USA (Northeastern US)
2,367 posts, read 1,524,972 times
Reputation: 3814
Poor puppy. What a terrible thing. R.I.P. Inka

He shouldn't be allowed to handle K-9's anymore. I would say this negligence of the animal is solid proof as to why. Maybe restitution to the taxpayers to replace the dog, and train it, is in order too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 04:44 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,276,525 times
Reputation: 5495
Fire able offense...

I have no sympathy
I never forget my partner

No excuse


An update
The school resource officer resigned...Im sure he saw the writing on the wall..resign in lieu of being fired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 05:00 AM
 
Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
2,815 posts, read 2,602,904 times
Reputation: 2273
I find it hard to believe that an organization goes and invests $$$$ in a K-9 and then they don't follow through and equip their K-9 vehicles with something like a HotDog system.
We had two k-9s in my office and both K-9 vehicles had a system that monitored the interior vehicle temperature. If the temp got too warm, it would lower the windows and notify the handler via a receiver (pager-like device).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA
1,986 posts, read 3,351,742 times
Reputation: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I find it hard to believe that an organization goes and invests $$$$ in a K-9 and then they don't follow through and equip their K-9 vehicles with something like a HotDog system.
We had two k-9s in my office and both K-9 vehicles had a system that monitored the interior vehicle temperature. If the temp got too warm, it would lower the windows and notify the handler via a receiver (pager-like device).
According to several news reports, the officer's regular car was a properly equipped K-9 car, likely with a system such as you describe. But he let another office borrow his car that day.

"According to the Sheriff's Office, Peabody let another officer use his K-9 squad car. One of the department's vehicles outfitted to handle a K-9 officer was out of service."

K-9 officer dies after being left in patrol car | WSB-TV

Patrol Car Where K9 Died Was Not Properly Equipped: Police
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 07:12 AM
 
13,482 posts, read 9,612,863 times
Reputation: 17435
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
According to several news reports, the officer's regular car was a properly equipped K-9 car, likely with a system such as you describe. But he let another office borrow his car that day.

"According to the Sheriff's Office, Peabody let another officer use his K-9 squad car. One of the department's vehicles outfitted to handle a K-9 officer was out of service."

K-9 officer dies after being left in patrol car | WSB-TV

Patrol Car Where K9 Died Was Not Properly Equipped: Police
This is what happens when we become too dependent on technology instead of our own brains.

He shouldn't have needed the car to be smarter than he was. Poor dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
8,644 posts, read 2,917,925 times
Reputation: 5165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This is what happens when we become too dependent on technology instead of our own brains.

He shouldn't have needed the car to be smarter than he was. Poor dog.
To be fair I think inanimate objects are often smarter than police officers, and this applies the world over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,072 posts, read 20,156,123 times
Reputation: 14320
W t f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 06:51 PM
 
139 posts, read 103,081 times
Reputation: 456
It keeps getting worse. "Ex-officer suspected in deaths of 2 police dogs" in the AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) I hope investigators get all the facts and punish this man accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 07:10 PM
 
13,482 posts, read 9,612,863 times
Reputation: 17435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Jean View Post
It keeps getting worse. "Ex-officer suspected in deaths of 2 police dogs" in the AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) I hope investigators get all the facts and punish this man accordingly.
Yeah. It says he shot the other dog and lied to the department about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top