U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:58 PM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 14 days ago)

5,391 posts, read 2,845,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Who cares. Grill the shark up. It's just a dumb fish. It's like flushing a gold fish down the toilet or going fishing. And it's a fish(tiger, bull, white specifically) that is dangerous to people and also kills wonderfully sweet/smart animals with actual emotions like dolphins and seals. And it's not like they are endangered.

You're being lied to when people tell you sharks that attack people are endangered. The sharks that attack people are plentiful and in many cases overpopulated like the bull and tiger sharks. And numbers are going up every year on the GW due to a lack of fishing pressure. Cape cod as an example of a place that used to have no GW's and now is infested with them. That's why you have increasing attacks on people around the world. Of course the wacko's believe that a human's life is no more important than a fishes/gorillas/lions ect. Sad state of moral decay when animals become more important than people. It started out with dogs being better than people, but now it's every animal, except for pigs/cows, even though a pig is smarter than a dog. There's more moral outrage over a gorilla or a lion being killed than isis burning people alive.

Even some wacko's crying for the alligators being "murdered" near disney world. Sick world we live in. Same tired excuses of "it's their land/ocean". Land owner rights to sharks/alligators. Absolutely laughable. Of course these same hypocrites than go and eat meat where animal's are kept in horrid inhumane conditions and slaughtered by the millions. You don't need meat to survive. You eat because it tastes good. Get real. Bunch of hypocrites. Facebook animal rights fanatics remind me of mob lynchings the way they go after people. Really disgusting. Ranting about a zoo being cruel and then applying human psychology to a zebra(who's better off in a zoo than the wild), while eating a burger. God what a joke. I wonder if it was THEIR child in that gorilla cage would they wait for a tranq? haha....we all know the answer to that.
What a disturbing mindset you have. Absolutely no regard for wildlife and a total lack of ignorance. The prototypical "ugly American." Ignorant and uneducated. Very sad that you believe the garbage you just typed. Sharks are not murdering people en masse. They are apex predators who typically avoid humans, and attacks are rare. Yet millions are killed each year for unnecessary diets and due to human ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 10:01 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,144,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Hmmm...you want the humans to die a painful death because they killed a fish?
Veeeerrry interesting.
Yeah, I don't get people like this. Granted, killing the shark was totally unnecessary, but to wish a slow, painful death on the people because of it? Really.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes it would....

THE HUMAN RACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Shark
Agreed. You don't see sharks killing other sharks because they believe in Poseidon instead of Neptune. Humans are so hypocritical. The balls some people have to call them "monsters" and thinking they deserve to be killed, especially in the scale they are.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:09 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,144,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Agreed. You don't see sharks killing other sharks because they believe in Poseidon instead of Neptune. Humans are so hypocritical. The balls some people have to call them "monsters" and thinking they deserve to be killed, especially in the scale they are.
Sharks don't eat other sharks?

Old 06-20-2016, 11:32 PM

7,293 posts, read 3,972,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
I agree. It was an unnecessary death to a live animal. I'm not against fishing or hunting as they eat what they kill, but to kill something for selfie really pissed me off.
It was the Dominican Republic; you think that fish didn't get eaten?

Old 06-20-2016, 11:44 PM

3,484 posts, read 5,551,016 times
Enough with the Sharks!!

Why isn't anybody thinking of the BACTERIA?? 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 living on earth. These are living things.

Almost all of them harmless – many of them, including the almost 40,000,000,000,000 living in each human body, and the many more used in the production of food, are helpful to the human race.

And yet we kill these living things that just going about their business without a second thought. The needless use of antibiotic hand sanitizer and bleach, the overuse of antibiotic medicines, the list goes on and on.

It makes me very angry. I am ashamed to be a human being.

BACTERIA HAVE RIGHTS, TOO!!

Old 06-20-2016, 11:49 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,596,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Enough with the Sharks!!

Why isn't anybody thinking of the BACTERIA?? 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 living on earth. These are living things.

Almost all of them harmless many of them, including the almost 40,000,000,000,000 living in each human body, and the many more used in the production of food, are helpful to the human race.

And yet we kill these living things that just going about their business without a second thought. The needless use of antibiotic hand sanitizer and bleach, the overuse of antibiotic medicines, the list goes on and on.

It makes me very angry. I am ashamed to be a human being.

BACTERIA HAVE RIGHTS, TOO!!
Because this thread was about sharks ? Start another thread about your issue, please.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:52 PM

2,662 posts, read 5,134,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I find it hard to believe these people just waded into the water and pulled the shark to shore for photography purposes.I believe the shark was either already dead or in extreme physical distress.
Next time you are at the beach try to grab a shark and pull it to shore.
That's what I was thinking..

Old 06-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Sharks don't eat other sharks?
Not usually, and food is the primary reason. They are also more likely to eat another species than practise cannibalism. Point is, sharks don't kill because of religion, or because of hatred and sharks don't mentally and sexually abuse each other (ironically, dolphins do to an extent.. they rape.) sharks don't genocide they don't even over consume. A shark who is not hungry is not likely to kill. Ask any diver who has swam with sharks. They don't consume everything in sight. They peacefully swim alongside other fish and sea creatures, and yes, people. Humans are the only species that do terrible things to each other at a large scale.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:25 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,722,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Not usually, and food is the primary reason. They are also more likely to eat another species than practise cannibalism.
Sharks definitely will eat other sharks. They are an opportunistic predator and will eat another shark just as quickly as they will eat any other species of fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or