Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 06:58 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,850,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I find it hard to believe these people just waded into the water and pulled the shark to shore for photography purposes.I believe the shark was either already dead or in extreme physical distress.
Next time you are at the beach try to grab a shark and pull it to shore.
Personally I'm not dumb enough to grab a shark while alive and in the water, even a blue shark. But i can see a group of people corralling one and then being stupid enough to grab it. Especially a slow moving and dumb shark like a blue dog which is a deep water/offshore species and was probably a bit disoriented because of the shallow water. But the deep is not very far offshore at Punta Cana so I can see palagics occasionally wandering into the shallows!

And relax everyboidy, I'm sure that thing has been boiled, fried or grilled and already pooped out by now so I'm sure it was killed for more then a selfy. It was an opertunity to get some protein without paying for it or perhaps sell to make a few bucks.

I wonder what the next days dinner was at the resort? Fish of the day "steak fish"! (Translated from assorted nasty shark species) And the tourists will gobble it up and add it to their memories of Dominican cuisine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 07:16 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Regardless of what you think of Sharks it was still a living thing and people killing it for some idiotic selfie pics is revolting.
What makes you think it was killed for a photo opportunity, many sharks are killed on sight for being a competing predator. The photo opportunities are just a by product of being the ultimate competitions loser.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:34 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
These people are simply idiots - they think it's a hundred years ago.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile
Wouldn't it have been ironic if -while they were absorbed in doing that - a giant alligator snuck up behind them, dragged them back into the water, and devoured them?
Yes it would....

THE HUMAN RACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Shark

Old 06-19-2016, 09:51 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Here ya go; put yer money where yer mouth is.
https://secure.oceanconservancy.org/...FQ8kgQody1EAaA
STOP SHARK FINNING
Bet none of you really care.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Really no shock here. Just proves my theory that a good part of the world has been narcissist.
It's a lot easy to be a narcissist now with selfie sticks. Did these people not watch jaws. Who thinks, let me go into nature and disturb it so I can get a pic?

Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
1 dead shark ? I don't get the uproar. Lol
Living things are living things. If you think it is ok to kill and torture for sport then how about inserting "person" where "shark" would go and you will see it amounts to the same thing. Sadism is sadism. Apparently that is either something you are into or it doesn't bother you much. Either way, good luck with that.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:23 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
What a bunch of jerks.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:15 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
That's the facebook generation for you.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:27 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Living things are living things. If you think it is ok to kill and torture for sport then how about inserting "person" where "shark" would go and you will see it amounts to the same thing. Sadism is sadism. Apparently that is either something you are into or it doesn't bother you much. Either way, good luck with that.

I don't care how you try to spin it, they aren't the same thing.

Apparently that is something you cant understand or you really thing sharks deserve the same treatment as humans lol

thanks for wishing me luck, today is Monday and I can use it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events