Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:30 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Sharks definitely will eat other sharks. They are an opportunistic predator and will eat another shark just as quickly as they will eat any other species of fish.
I found several images of sharks eating sharks with a quick google search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Sharks definitely will eat other sharks. They are an opportunistic predator and will eat another shark just as quickly as they will eat any other species of fish.
Eating for food is one thing. Killing to kill or out of hatred, is another. Humans are the one species to commit genocide amongst themselves. No right to call a shark a "monster."

Old 06-22-2016, 07:33 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Eating for food is one thing. Killing to kill or out of hatred, is another. Humans are the one species to commit genocide amongst themselves. No right to call a shark a "monster."
They certainly aren't cute and cuddly. What would you prefer to call them then ?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:31 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
This was in the Dominican Republic. That fish was killed for food. So, what exactly is wrong with taking a picture of your catch?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:20 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
What a disturbing mindset you have. Absolutely no regard for wildlife and a total lack of ignorance. The prototypical "ugly American." Ignorant and uneducated. Very sad that you believe the garbage you just typed. Sharks are not murdering people en masse. They are apex predators who typically avoid humans, and attacks are rare. Yet millions are killed each year for unnecessary diets and due to human ignorance.

Shark fishing isn't really, "American" mostly Asian driven due to Chinese Shark fin soup. While there is sport fishing they kill lot less shark then commercial shark fin operations. Today most sport fishing is catch and release with regard to larger fish. Even if they do keep the shark it is only a few per person not 1000's at a time.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:33 PM

712 posts, read 530,438 times
Quote:
Chimps kill other chimps and stick their heads on sticks. Clearly killing out of hatred(not complex hatred). Wolves and other mammals have been known to kill for sport. Lions kill their own young just to get a female into heat. Lions have no morality/empathy whatsoever and neither do sharks. Let's get real.

All that being said, you have to have a brain/basic emotions to kill out of "hatred". A fish has neither. A shark is just a killing/eating machine. Like an insect. They're just running a program. There's no thought process. They don't care about anyone or anything. They don't even have a family unit.

Applying human psychology(talking about things like rape/genocide) to a fish is seriously demented. There is no comparison. It's silly.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Enough with the Sharks!!

Why isn't anybody thinking of the BACTERIA?? 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 living on earth. These are living things.

Almost all of them harmless – many of them, including the almost 40,000,000,000,000 living in each human body, and the many more used in the production of food, are helpful to the human race.

And yet we kill these living things that just going about their business without a second thought. The needless use of antibiotic hand sanitizer and bleach, the overuse of antibiotic medicines, the list goes on and on.

It makes me very angry. I am ashamed to be a human being.

BACTERIA HAVE RIGHTS, TOO!!
#sharklivesmatter
#bacterialivesmatter

What about AIDS? What right do humans have to kill this virus?(heavy sarcasm)

Old 06-25-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
What a disturbing mindset you have. Absolutely no regard for wildlife and a total lack of ignorance. The prototypical "ugly American." Ignorant and uneducated. Very sad that you believe the garbage you just typed. Sharks are not murdering people en masse. They are apex predators who typically avoid humans, and attacks are rare. Yet millions are killed each year for unnecessary diets and due to human ignorance.
Millions of cows are killed. People don't need to eat cows. Do Hindu's push their beliefs on you? Yet you feel the need to push your twisted morality on everyone else. What about the millions of tuna fish killed every year? They are wild animals as well. They are under more fishing pressure than bull sharks.

Don't think I'm "ignorant" just because I'm capable of free thought and haven't been brainwashed by conservationist propaganda and people with an agenda. I've heard/read all the idiotic talking points meant to manipulate the masses. I simply have a completely different values system than you do.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I don't care how you try to spin it, they aren't the same thing.

Apparently that is something you cant understand or you really thing sharks deserve the same treatment as humans lol

thanks for wishing me luck, today is Monday and I can use it!!!!
Bingo SVT

People have this ridiculous "human hating-nature is my religion" ideology. It's disgraceful. Here's a good one to spin back to them. If humans are no more valuable than animals, then can't we select some humans to be put into slaughterhouses? Again killing for food is ok, right? lol And we all know sharks are cannibals, so it's all part of nature.

I always crack up at people who think it's "ok" to kill animals for food, but not for sport and start ranting and raving and calling for the death of sport hunters or people who cull sharks for the safety of people or kill an animal in SELF DEFENSE. Apparently, humans can't defend themselves anymore. As if you NEED that meat to survive? Hell meat causes cancer. You'd be healthier being a vegetarian.

I'm also curious if a shark cares WHY he's being killed? Laughable. Yeah I'm sure the shark is thinking, "well I was killed for food". Even if you dump the shark's body in the ocean, scavengers(including other sharks) will simply get nutrition out of it. Sharks need to be culled in areas where their have been increasing number of attacks. This is common sense.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
100,000,000 sharks killed/year

An average of 4-5 people are killed by sharks/year

Hell, horses kill 20 people a year. Should it be open season on horses? I mean, they are 4-5 times deadlier than sharks, the murderous beasts!
Google "reunions island shark attacks"

What kind of meaningless statistics is this? They've had multiple fatalities in just a few years on reunion island even after BANNING swimming/surfing due to the attacks They had to BAN all surfing/swimming on the entire island is got so bad. Surf shops shut down. It was horrendous. It was due to no fishing pressure and exponential increase in shark numbers.

Statistics like this or lightning statistics are meaningless and are meant to MANIPULATE the masses. It's all about exposure to risk. Your average person is exposed to lightning all the time. How often is your average person surfing in shark infested waters in Reunion Island? Millions of people visit the beach in New jersey/New York and there hasn't been an attack in 75+ years. It's because there's a low concentration of sharks there.

You see, certain areas have high concentration of sharks(parts of Australia, central northern CA, South Africa) And the number of areas of increase shark concentration gets higher every year. Cape cod is now flooded with them. You will see increased attacks there in the coming years. Areas that have high populations of sharks and a lot of people using the beach NEED to cull to keep their beaches safe.

It's like being a tiger trainer or living in India in the Sunderbans region being a fisherman. His risk of being killed by a tiger is SUPER high even though your average person's risk is low.

MANIPULATION of statistics to give people a false sense of security. There's a reason Australia nets it's beaches. Human lives matter more than some stupid fish who's not even close to being endangered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events