U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:24 AM

5,445 posts, read 4,398,223 times

Advertisements

I also think the suspension was the right call because of procedures and follow up investigation. I'm willing to bet that the suspension was with pay and full benefits. Police go through the same process when an officer shoots a suspect even when the entire world knows it was justified.

I think the press is trying to fluff up the story by saying they "saved her life" considering from the article, they transferred the child to another hospital and was then discharged. If the child's life was truly in danger, I think she would still be in the hospital being monitored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 09:33 AM

51 posts, read 21,525 times
Gee, what has happened to humanity?

Old 06-20-2016, 11:06 AM

1,168 posts, read 675,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace_country View Post
There's normally a reason for the procedures, if she had been more critical things could have been very bad. It says it took them 13 minutes to get to the hospital which is quite a long time. If the girl had died on the way or had any permanent problems, their opening the city up to massive litigation.
The volunteer fire department in my current town once responded to a fire outside the assigned fire district- nice right? No, someone else's house in the district burned down and they couldn't respond in time. They got sued....

A little hard to believe. House fires are extremely rare these days. The vast number of fire department calls are auto accidents.
Now if you had said they went to the house out of town and watched it burn down, that is a more likely scenario...

Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM

5,445 posts, read 4,398,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

The girl was put on oxygen in the fire engine and was in the trauma room within 13 minutes of the time the call came in, Fox 5 DC reported.
Quote:
It says it took them 13 minutes to get to the hospital which is quite a long time.

It did not take the firefighters 13 minutes to get the girl to the hospital. It took 13 minutes from the time the call came in, to get the girl to the hospital. In other words, it only took a few minutes by firetruck to get her to the hospital.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:25 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,630,885 times
They opened the city up for a massive lawsuit. Period. It's a miracle things didn't go the other way. The taxpayer would pay through the nose for years to come.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:35 PM

10,683 posts, read 17,029,057 times
Quote:
There's normally a reason for the procedures, if she had been more critical things could have been very bad. It says it took them 13 minutes to get to the hospital which is quite a long time.
Maybe in your world, in other parts of reality 13 minutes is a very quick ride to the hospital.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:37 PM

42,205 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I dont get it... why would they be suspended? Did saving a life break some kind of firefighter's code or rule or something?
I agree a suspension is WAY crazy and I don't get it at all.
But saying they saved her life is a little over the top.
Actually it's miles away from factual.

But who asks the media for facts these days?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 3,688,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Sad...... THEY PUT THE CHILDS WELFARE FIRST AND GOT SCREWED FOR IT

Whats happend to this country??
Transporting the girl was the job of the paramedic who could have administered treatment on the way to the hospital.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:34 PM

16,492 posts, read 17,525,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Sad...... THEY PUT THE CHILDS WELFARE FIRST AND GOT SCREWED FOR IT

Whats happend to this country??
It's not a matter of getting screwed. It's a decision outside of policy. Granted it was the right decision (or it turned out to be) but like anything outside of policy needs investigating. If they took the kid and she dies I guarantee a lawsuit will emerge because they broke policy

Old 06-20-2016, 08:47 PM

2,930 posts, read 3,688,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
It's not a matter of getting screwed. It's a decision outside of policy. Granted it was the right decision (or it turned out to be) but like anything outside of policy needs investigating. If they took the kid and she dies I guarantee a lawsuit will emerge because they broke policy
And would have a strong case as they are firefighters not trained medics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or