U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:01 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,631,575 times

Advertisements

My initial reaction to the story was "serves her right".
Now my reaction after reading these posts is....the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 05:02 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,026,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstromos View Post

OMG, are the bungee cords okay?

Old 06-22-2016, 05:09 PM

15,831 posts, read 9,781,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Nah, doc says I have a heart.

I expected nothing less from this mindset conveyed. Stay desensitized.

I learned a long time ago, there are people on this planet who are Hellbent on doing harm and no good to other people. Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, the shooter in Orlando, the couple in San Bernadino, etc, etc. They would have all continued to do their dirty deeds if they were not stopped.

This girl may not have been in the same league as the ones I mentioned, but she thought nothing of harming another person for her own gain, and she probably would have done it again and again, if this had not happened.

Yes, a young life was lost, but it was not the life of a productive, good person. This was not inflicted on her by anyone else, she caused her own demise.

Don

Old 06-22-2016, 07:28 PM

596 posts, read 293,281 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing! Why certainly the gentleman who was harmed deserves consideration. Which interestingly you hadn't conveyed much for. But do carry on , it's a delight to read.
IDGAF about anyone involved. Happens everyday. You're the one coming in with your condescension trying to score social smugness Pokemon points. Just pointing out to you your obvious hypocrisy.

Delight to read, indeed.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:50 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Why should we have to keep paying to keep them alive?
There are lots of reasons. But what we should do is reduce the cost. For lifers, build big prisons in the desert, designed to keep a large prison population confined at minimal cost with maximal security. We probably spend at least 10 times as much per cell as we need to. A big desert prison could be single-story, possibly a large number of relatively cheap buildings. Then there could be a bunch of layers of cheap security. Someone who escapes has to travel across the desert. But a lot of the security would be watching for that and going after it. Supplies could be dropped from airplanes, so no trucks would need to travel in and out, giving prisoners opportunities to escape on trucks.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:30 PM

3,761 posts, read 2,927,273 times
Quote:
Truly baffles me that folks use the word "karma" so inaccurately.
Go get educated on its true meaning. Hint: incarnation.

A person is dead. And not a single moment of decency to the kin or those who may have cared about her. Instead it's uneducated and insensitive comments on the persons actions.

How desensitized folks are any more.

I don't care for the poor actions of behavior by this person. I do care that a life is lost.

I'm sure even the public officers were a bit mindful of the loss of life.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines karma as:

Simple Definition of karma
: the force created by a person's actions that is believed in Hinduism and Buddhism to determine what that person's next life will be like
: the force created by a person's actions that some people believe causes good or bad things to happen to that person

Old 06-22-2016, 09:40 PM

3,761 posts, read 2,927,273 times
From what Im piecing together, it seems the girl was the niece of the man they robbed.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,378,583 times
Quote:

I don't care for the poor actions of behavior by this person. I do care that a life is lost.
Really? How many thousands of people around the world have died of various causes since the time you posted this comment? Do you care for them too?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:30 PM

15,026 posts, read 16,643,925 times
I hear she was turning her life around and was starting a promising career as an up and coming rapper.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:17 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,530,698 times
Thumbs down  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstromos
No and you cant really feel sorry for her after what she did....

Terrible......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or