U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 09:04 AM

17,636 posts, read 12,239,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I think it is reasonable for a parent not to even double check the labeled dosage. I remember when I was giving my very ill several compounded medications a day, I never double checked what was on the label. I do it now with all pills before dispensing them, but back then, I didn't. And I think most people don't double check.

The labels should always be checked.

Quote:
But what I know about compound pharmacology, its likely it was labeled correctly but the pharm made an error
Likely? But was it? running a story on speculation and a fair amount of it is bad journalism
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM

998 posts, read 1,186,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Rants against "big pharma" and "too many conditions being medicated that should be attributed to bad parenting", those kinds of rants can be caused by problems with brain chemicals. Modern psychiatrists are experts at the kinds of medications that can help people with such brain problems.

I'm sure there's a pill for that too. And those expert psychiatrists are often paid by big pharma in the form of promotional payments or to talk up their drugs to other psychiatrists. A colossal conflict of interest exists when your trusted doctor is in bed with drug manufacturers.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:24 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,044,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
If I were a kid in todays society they would have drugged the soul right out of me. There is only one thing I can tell people....do NOT drug your children to placate some bureaucrat or lazy teacher. The system wants drones....to not sell your child to them
I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Years ago my sons school 'suggested' I put him on medication because he was being a ball buster to the teacher. I refused. My son didn't have add or adhd. He could be well behaved and focused when he chose to. He was a ball busting kid who liked to push boundaries. Out of the 4 of them he was the only one who wouldn't tow the line.

Long story short. He graduated, went to college, and aced all his college classes. He's still a ball buster at times but that's his personality.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:42 PM

4,014 posts, read 1,786,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Could have isn't the same thing as did. This child was released shortly after holloween. Why wouldnt the news wait until the autopsy was released before running a story that is entirely speculation?

Very true!
I probably should clarify: It definitley COULD have been "the" cause of death. However, since I don't have access to all the information; I cannot say that it was, definitley, the cause of death.

That being said, since I am not an M.D., even if I did have all the information, I would not be considered qualified to make that call.

I am an RN but in the state in which I have been licensed for 24 years (Colorado), an RN may only "pronounce death" for a hospice patient & is never responsible for determining "cause of death".

Old 06-24-2016, 01:32 PM

11,096 posts, read 6,601,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Why would you give your kid a substance similar to meth? Boys are boys...they are like little hyper apes...they are all nuts...being a child is not an illness.
There is more to AD/HD then just being hyper. And not all those who have AD/HD are hyper.

Maybe do a little research before claiming boys will be boys.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,618,380 times
I can see accidentally doing ten times the rx amount, but one thousand times more? That sounds like pure incompetence to me.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There is more to AD/HD then just being hyper. And not all those who have AD/HD are hyper.

Maybe do a little research before claiming boys will be boys.

If you are adhd isn't being hyper part of that otherwise wouldn't you simply be add?

Old 06-24-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I can see accidentally doing ten times the rx amount, but one thousand times more? That sounds like pure incompetence to me.
Have you any experience compounding?

Old 06-24-2016, 01:48 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,618,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Have you any experience compounding?
No. I've worked in medicine, but not as a pharmacist.

If you have any insight, I'm all ears ( or all eyes, since we are on a forum )

Old 06-24-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No. I've worked in medicine, but not as a pharmacist.

If you have any insight, I'm all ears ( or all eyes, since we are on a forum )
I don't have any experience but figured you did since you opined about competency
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or