U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 11:04 AM

12,138 posts, read 8,117,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya you dont realise how much damage those things can cause someone!!

Yet here I am no scars no inner child screaming that I was beat nor do I seek the help of a shrink to get over it. It wasn't a beating a spanking trust me when I say I know the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 11:17 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,635,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Sounds like good old fashioned discipline to me. A few bruises might keep them out of jail. (Where they might get beaten or assaulted worse)
Did you actually read the article? Do you know what an RCA cord is? No child should ever be beaten with one. And we're not talking "a few bruises". Mama beat them bad enough to open the skin. She beat them on their legs, shoulders, arms, backs and stomachs. I mean, wow! She went nuts on those children, and that's not acceptable.

I'm not a bleeding heart (as one comment wrongly accuses). I would have reddened their asses to where they couldn't sit for a few days. But I would have used my open hand. A belt and an RCA cord cannot feel anything. It can't tell you that enough is enough.

Mama lost control in a fit of rage. I honestly hope she avoids prison. Yes, she was wrong, but she tried to do the right thing by teaching her brats not to break into houses.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:44 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,426,321 times
She went very far overboard, but she was probably scared to death, in light of what they had done, and wasn't sure what to do. If this was out of character for her, it may get her kids' attention.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:48 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,836,206 times
This woman was not arrested for 'disciplining' her children - she was arrested for abusing her children.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:51 PM

42,262 posts, read 49,821,133 times
Leaving lacerations goes beyond spanking.
That's plain lost-yer-sh*t beating.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:00 PM

6,312 posts, read 3,490,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
She went very far overboard, but she was probably scared to death, in light of what they had done, and wasn't sure what to do.
This. I can't condone the abuse, she went too far, but I can understand the fear for her children which probably drove her to do it. She needs help, not simple condemnation.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:06 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,230,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Sounds like good old fashioned discipline to me. A few bruises might keep them out of jail. (Where they might get beaten or assaulted worse)
So, these kids need to be beaten simply because worse violence is allowed to go on in jail? Geez. Talk about setting high standards of civility.

I got caught stealing when I was 14, and my parents were not happy having to pick me up at the police station.

But rather than assault me, my mother sentenced me to working at her office for two weeks to earn back what I stole. And she purposely assigned me to work with the guy at her workplace who had horrible BO and burped out loud. I was confined in that guy's office alone with him. A tiny windowless office.

I never stole again, and learned the value of a dollar. I also had a chance to kind of bond with my mother, since we always grabbed lunch together at the only cafe nearby, and gossipped about random things.

My mother's other coworkers also ended up liking me enough where they offered me actual part-time work afterwards, which I happily accepted. (They promised I wouldn't have to work with the smelly guy lol).

So the successful outcome of this discipline method was 3 fold. All this woman in the article did was injure her children.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 06-25-2016 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 01:06 PM

2,073 posts, read 2,259,899 times
Those kids had the whipping coming to them but an RCA cord should not have been used. A belt or a switch should have sufficed. I'd be willing to bet that those kids won't be breaking and entering into anyone else's home.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:13 PM

4,763 posts, read 1,877,769 times
This woman was probably at her wits end dealing with those boys. Now maybe she has their attention, whip their arses again when they so much as think of doing something stupid like that.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:26 PM

3,180 posts, read 1,635,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This woman was probably at her wits end dealing with those boys. Now maybe she has their attention, whip their arses again when they so much as think of doing something stupid like that.

Either that...or the brats will threaten to call the police on mama if she disciplines them again. Where's their papa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or