Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 04:58 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,663,445 times

Advertisements

Based on the alleged crime, something tells me that these kids already have behavior issues. This abusive mother is aggravating the negative behavior by reacting in such a violent manner. Those boys need behavior therapy and loving supportive adults who won't beat them to a pulp for making a mistake. Come on people, these are kids we're talking about! We cannot sit here and say that this mom's behavior is ok. She probably got beat like that as a kid and look at her - she didn't turn out so good.
I'm so sick of adults taking their life frustrations out on children. I'm in agreement that the boys acted like little thug criminals and mom had every right to discipline them, but she didn't have to resort to beating them like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
"""Parents have the right and obligation to discipline and teach their children," Moore said. "We often time see children who have no parental authority or discipline which eventually results in delinquency and criminal acts. We need more parents who discipline their children. Surely you would expect a parent to discipline a child who is burglarizing other people’s homes as this could be a deadly encounter for the child."""

So let's arrest the mother who disciplined her children for breaking and entering, serious felonies.
She beat the hell out of them, thus committing a crime which deserves punishment under the law.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
she may have went overboard in the beating of her children, but to have a 13, 11 and 10 year old breaking into a home could have turned out a whole lot worse.

she could be having three funerals, had said homeowner been home,had a weapon and started shooting.

if the police would have been called, its possible they could have mistaken the 100 pound youngsters for grown men as we've seen in other cities and these boys could have been killed by the cops.

I hope the DA in East Baton rouge parish will have some discretion in this case and instead of trying to convict this women for child abuse, he provides her some help..some resources in trying to guide these young men away from a life of potential crime and into some program(s) where they can be mentored and monitored.

sometimes, the community needs to close ranks and wrap their arms around one another instead of thinking that jail, boot camp or prison is the solution to every answer. Lets hope this tragic event leads to something good down the line.
^^ Key words - "Could have" but, thankfully it didn't. Mom overreacted.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,429,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
She beat the hell out of them, thus committing a crime which deserves punishment under the law.
Correct.

It's not discipline when physical harm of any kind is used to dominate.

And to those who were injured thru corporal punishment, it hasn't helped by endorsing harm.

This ADULT is culpable for her poor choices in parenting.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,840,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Sounds like good old fashioned discipline to me. A few bruises might keep them out of jail. (Where they might get beaten or assaulted worse)
I got spanked with a belt in a few ocassions. Not too many, because generally I was a good kid. No marks, but sometimes the soreness lasted for sometime after.

And grandma used a "switch." Aka a branch. I will assume mom was from Louisiana and she replicated what she or her parents experienced growing up. It sounds like she hit too hard.

It must be really hard to find appropriate punishment for kids these days. Timeout is pointless. Grounding is hard to enforce. Spankimg might be called child abuse. What is left?

Old 06-26-2016, 08:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,840,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777
Ninety percent of single parent households are headed by females.

Yes. This is the title of the article:

Single-parent Families in Poverty
Jacqueline Kirby, M.S.

This is the website:

http://www3.uakron.edu/schulze/401/r...ngleparfam.htm

And here is the first sentence of the first paragraph of the article:

Ninety percent of single-parent families are headed by females.
Family courts are sexist. It is pretty much impossible for a man to get custody unless there is something seriously wrong with mom.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:08 PM

27,412 posts, read 1,053,986 times
She should have snitched to the authorities, unbeknownst to the chldren. Then they might have been the ones detained.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,704,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Good for her. Maybe the little ****heads will think twice before breaking in. And considering they could have been SHOT, for breaking into someone's house, they got off pretty easily.

I can't believe the bleeding hearts on this page. Those are the parents that scare me.
I just knew some keyboard bad ass was going to come on and cheer on abuse.

Quote:
Detectives found that the eldest son "had lacerations to both his arms and linear marks on his leg, shoulder, back and stomach," the affidavit said. The 12-year-old had "lacerations to his left arm that did break his skin," and the 10-year-old had "a small scratch on his hand."
I don't give a damn what your kid did, you do NOT ABUSE YOUR KIDS.

So many people like to confuse abuse with discipline, so let me fill you in: When you leave lacerations on your kid, you have abused your kid. At no time is it ever acceptable to abuse your kid. Discipline is fine, abuse is not fine.

I can't believe the jerks who see no problems with abusing children. Those are the parents who scare me.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:22 AM

3,464 posts, read 4,830,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

It must be really hard to find appropriate punishment for kids these days. Timeout is pointless. Grounding is hard to enforce. Spankimg might be called child abuse. What is left?
Jail time....let society deal with them and our tax dollars pay for it until somebody finally puts a bullet in them.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,514,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
how many single fathers do you know?Granted their some but VERY few..

Around here proof is god. Your new it would seem so links backing you up helps around here.

BTW I personally know MANY women who won't admit who their babies daddy is so they can get food stamps, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events