U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 08:10 PM

4,132 posts, read 3,426,443 times

Advertisements

https://gma.yahoo.com/louisiana-mom-...opstories.html

Did she go to far? Pretty severe, but still I'll bet those kids don't do it again. Unless she gets punished which will basically tell the kids they are untouchable and can do what they want without consequences.

I remember getting whacked with a stick or spanked when I was a kid. I never repeated any of those bad things I did again and I grew up ok not scarred for life. I know others who experience the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 PM

12,272 posts, read 8,155,962 times
I thinks she went too far with the items she spanked them with I got spankings with a paddle or a belt nothing that drastic as she used. I'm sure that sending to their room should of been punishment enough.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:58 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,250,295 times
Absolutely disgusting. She's unfit to be a parent.

I had to Google what an RCA cord was, and THIS is what she beat her children with:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/s...DvpYw&usqp=CAk

That is not spanking. Spanking is ONE tap to the hand, with a hand. Not swinging weapons at children.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:05 PM

11,993 posts, read 6,607,388 times
She probably went too far but she was likely trying to save her boys from ending up in prison one day. I don't necessarily condone what she did but believe she did it out of fear of losing her sons.

Many decades ago, my mom used to brush my very long hair and if I smarted off at all, I would get a hard swat on the rear. You could have counted every bristle of the brush by the number of tiny holes in my skin.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:34 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,784,537 times
Sounds like good old fashioned discipline to me. A few bruises might keep them out of jail. (Where they might get beaten or assaulted worse)

Old 06-25-2016, 01:16 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,513,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067
I thinks she went too far with the items she spanked them with I got spankings with a paddle or a belt nothing that drastic as she used. I'm sure that sending to their room should of been punishment enough.
Ya you dont realise how much damage those things can cause someone!!

Old 06-25-2016, 09:56 AM

352 posts, read 123,961 times
I think whether she punished her kids or not, they may do something wrong in the future because they are not raised in a healthy family

Old 06-25-2016, 10:09 AM

3,206 posts, read 1,649,041 times
Whipping children isn't discipline. It's criminal.

I commend her for taking action against her children's behavior, but pahlease! Why not just tie the kids to a tree, rip off their shirts and whack at their backs with a leather strap?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,776,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Sounds like good old fashioned discipline to me. A few bruises might keep them out of jail. (Where they might get beaten or assaulted worse)
Amen. If they didn't want their butts kicked, they shouldn't have done what they did. Short of chainsawing them etc, they lost the right to whine about "abuse" when they committed robbery.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:22 AM

7,106 posts, read 8,252,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
https://gma.yahoo.com/louisiana-mom-...opstories.html

Did she go to far? Pretty severe, but still I'll bet those kids don't do it again. Unless she gets punished which will basically tell the kids they are untouchable and can do what they want without consequences.

I remember getting whacked with a stick or spanked when I was a kid. I never repeated any of those bad things I did again and I grew up ok not scarred for life. I know others who experience the same.
Good for her. Maybe the little ****heads will think twice before breaking in. And considering they could have been SHOT, for breaking into someone's house, they got off pretty easily.

I can't believe the bleeding hearts on this page. Those are the parents that scare me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or