U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:04 PM

15,832 posts, read 18,446,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
My phone doesn't seem to like it... keeps bouncing me out. Oh well, saw her posts yesterday including the one where she sounds like a typical loving mom proud of her daughters.
Well, that's pretty typical isn't it. People often only show the "nice" on FB, and then people are surprised when the perfect couple gets a divorce, or their perfect kids end up in rehab. Etc.
Not a complaint about Facebook, just an observation.

That poor father...
I have to wonder, since Dad was home....how did it escalate to her shooting her kids in the middle of the damn street. What was he doing?

Old 06-26-2016, 07:25 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,345,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
At the bottom of the page, I get related links :

Pakistan: Muslim murders six daughters in honor killing

Hmmm...I guess that's similar. City-data's bot says it's similar to muslim honor killings. I am sure the mother would have agreed.
Well, yes, it is. There is very little difference between conservative Muslims and conservative Christian Americans, except that the Muslims tend to be more extreme on most issues. Are you forgetting that both religions come from the same little pocket of the world? I am always surprised at how much Americans are in denial about their religious ties with the Islamic world. If you want examples of religions that really have nothing to do with Islam, they are: Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism and Shinto.

Islam is merely American Christianity on steroids.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:27 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,345,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have to wonder, since Dad was home....how did it escalate to her shooting her kids in the middle of the damn street. What was he doing?
I'm sure he wasn't watching TV, if that's what you're trying to imply. I'm sure he had his reasons for not being able to intervene quickly enough.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:06 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times
Justice is served.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:47 AM

15,832 posts, read 18,446,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I'm sure he wasn't watching TV, if that's what you're trying to imply. I'm sure he had his reasons for not being able to intervene quickly enough.
I was asking. Just like the authorities will.

I wasn't implying, or making suppositions like you are doing. This situation is tragic enough, without that.

Last edited by JanND; 06-27-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 06:57 AM

4,012 posts, read 1,799,688 times
I thought the police killed the daughters then the mother. Ambiguous headlines.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:37 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,764,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
Well, don't judge! As we all know, being a woman we have no idea what she was going through or what kind of mental state she was in, so it's all perfectly understandable. It's completely unacceptable that she was shot dead. She was most likely going through some post-partum depression decades on or was on her period so that would of course mitigate her actions. She is in NO WAY responsible for what she did, she had something going on that doesn't make her responsible!! Please have understanding and sympathy!! [/women on the forum].
Uh no, those are not the thoughts of this woman on the forum. Try again.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 6,921,489 times
Quote:
Well, don't judge! As we all know, being a woman we have no idea what she was going through or what kind of mental state she was in, so it's all perfectly understandable. It's completely unacceptable that she was shot dead. She was most likely going through some post-partum depression decades on or was on her period so that would of course mitigate her actions. She is in NO WAY responsible for what she did, she had something going on that doesn't make her responsible!! Please have understanding and sympathy!! [/women on the forum].
Quote:
Well, had he given her more love and affection and did more to show is genuine love/apprecian it could have been avoided.
Since you instruct others not to "judge" this woman, perhaps you should follow your own advice.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:18 AM

105 posts, read 75,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Uh no, those are not the thoughts of this woman on the forum. Try again.
Well those are the kind of typical excuses made whenever a woman dares do something bad.

Just look at this:

PMS as a Legal Defense

Quote:
In the UK, PMDD or in general PMS has already been used as a legal defense since the 1980s. In the case of 18-year-old Anna Reynolds, who was accused of murdering her mother, PMS was used in court as a mitigating factor that reduced her sentence to manslaughter. Nicola Owen, an arsonist whose crime occurred during her PMS plunges over which the teenager had little or no control of, was acquitted. There was also Sandie Craddock who committed a dozen of criminal convictions, including the murder of a barmaid. Each of her convictions along with her suicide attempts were spread out in 29-day intervals and in sync with her menstrual cycle, leading the court to believe that she wasn't in control of her faculties. Craddock's charge was therefore reduced to manslaughter as she was freed on probation provided that she remained on hormone therapy.
While not the situation here isn't that insane??? And a total BS excuse??

Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 AM

7,808 posts, read 5,448,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I wonder about that too. Maybe he was taking a nap or... he didn't wear the pants in the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or