U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:18 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,543,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
People with certain mental health problems (like BPD) can become violent when they are facing losing a loved one, like them getting married. This could be even a contributing factor. So sad.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:20 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,448,633 times
Maybe the government will wake up and realize that we need to sort of bring back "insane asylums" you know places where people who are potentially very dangerous can be kept safe from themselves and other people.

This whole thing of we can keep crazy people in the community and just feed them happy pills and everything will be OK isn't working out too well.

70 years ago, this lady would have been put somewhere for safe keeping I'm sure.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:24 PM

4,556 posts, read 2,047,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
And so did her daughters. Some women just can't stand it when their daughters start smelling their upper lips. They don't usually kill them though...
Wow! I haven't heard that expepression in ages! ( ...upper lip)

Old 06-27-2016, 10:39 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,461,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
There's a lot of apologist behavior for this mother, both on this thread & online in the articles about this horrific crime.

I.e., she was "mentally ill" and/or suffering from some kind of excessive stress, etc. I guess if you're a wealthy, entitled white woman from a nice suburb people can't imagine that you would commit a horrific crime like this unless there were an exterior factor. How about just saying that she was an evil P.O.S.?

If this woman's skin color were darker, it's obvious that these same people would be calling the woman a "thug", etc.

I am surprised that this woman was killed, especially considering she was an attractive blonde "barbie".

You really think this woman would have spent the rest of her life in jail - if she had been subdued without being killed? You obviously have a lot more confidence in the criminal justice system than I do. I believe that she would have maybe gotten some time in a minimum security facility - and/or possibly a mental institution. She obviously had money - so, I'm sure she could have hired some expensive lawyer & wouldn't have done any real hard time.

If you're rich, you can get away with anything - even murder.
Or, if youre an illegal, or jailed for having/selling drugs, hard drugs. There are still people in jail who weren't released and they only had pot.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:03 PM

11,171 posts, read 6,660,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am also amazed that her FB page is still up and running.
Why do people keep saying this? Why wouldn't it be?

Quote:
She sho nuff has a crazy look in her eyes in her pics. Wow. You never know what's really in someone's mind, I guess.
All her pictures are highly edited. I have a photo app that makes my eyes look like that. I don't use it, I think it looks creepy. I always see pictures on Facebook where babies and toddlers have their eyes photoshopped like that. I think they look strange, like some sort of doll that has come to life. For some reason though, others are always commenting on her beautiful the child's eyes are.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,671,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
People with certain mental health problems (like BPD) can become violent when they are facing losing a loved one, like them getting married. This could be even a contributing factor. So sad.
BPD, as a personality disorder, much like anti-social personality disorder ( formerly known as sociopathy--> psychopathy ) just doesn't raise as much sympathy in me as folks that have organic brain disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar. These personality disorder types DO understand illegal vs. legal and are not legally insane.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 PM

105 posts, read 76,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
BPD, as a personality disorder, much like anti-social personality disorder ( formerly known as sociopathy--> psychopathy ) just doesn't raise as much sympathy in me as folks that have organic brain disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar. These personality disorder types DO understand illegal vs. legal and are not legally insane.
Well, considering a woman's PMS is enough an excuse for killing why not?

Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,671,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
Well, considering a woman's PMS is enough an excuse for killing why not?
What the hell are you yammering about?

Old 06-28-2016, 12:35 AM

105 posts, read 76,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What the hell are you yammering about?
The fact that a woman's PMS has been successfully used as an excuse to kill.

Jury Finds Pms Sufferer Not Guilty Of Killing Husband - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Pms Defense | Successful PMS defense in Virginia case revives debate - tribunedigital-baltimoresun
MENSTRUAL STRESSES AS A LEGAL DEFENSE - NYTimes.com

Old 06-28-2016, 12:47 AM

9,601 posts, read 9,470,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You probably have a point. In Pittsburgh as soon as summer hits the black on black crime is wildly out of control.
This is a thread about a white woman murdering her two white daughters. Why are you dragging black people into it? <confused>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or