Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 04:37 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times

Advertisements

This is so sad. Those poor girls and family.

Also, why do people think the killer was wealthy?? Or good-looking?? She was an out of work tattoo parlor receptionist. The husband has a middle-class IT job. Not wealthy. And she looked like a nasty cheap fake piece of poor trash to me. She was ugly - inside and out.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:49 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
So the police are called to the house three times for suicide attempts but no one removes the guns from the house.

The wife is suicidal and the husband tells her to "just shoot herself"

Husband runs to end of the street while wife is reloading and shooting the daughter.

A dysfunctional family with a coward for a dad. Sorry for the lack of compassion.
Agree with your assessment here. Those poor girls born into that family.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:14 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
This is so sad. Those poor girls and family.

Also, why do people think the killer was wealthy?? Or good-looking?? She was an out of work tattoo parlor receptionist. The husband has a middle-class IT job. Not wealthy. And she looked like a nasty cheap fake piece of poor trash to me. She was ugly - inside and out.
I think people are going by the look of the house. But if you know that area, you will know those houses are not very costly. They are far out from Houston (esp with traffic) and texas has some crazy cheep houses. I would guess they are middle class.

I am amused when people say she is pretty. Every single photo I have seen of her, she has used an app to heavily edit her appearance. Her skin, her eyes, etc. She looks terrible in them, I think. But I have no idea what she looked like in real life because of her heavy handed editing.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
I'm not surprised that LE was called out to the house so many times and no one got arrested. If the family had looked different and/or if the house had been in a poorer part of town, I'm sure someone would have gotten locked up during at least one of these visits.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 06-30-2016 at 08:09 PM..

Old 07-02-2016, 11:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have to wonder, since Dad was home....how did it escalate to her shooting her kids in the middle of the damn street. What was he doing?
The media hasn't asked the right questions and her husband has not given a complete story. It's reported that he said when she called the family together in the living room or whatever part of the home, he thought that maybe she was going to announce that they were getting a divorce. That sounds made up. He would have known that their marriage was doing poorly if he thought she was about to make that announcement. He said that she was depressed. However, that still doesn't explain why she wanted to make him suffer. What was going on between he and his wife that she "wanted him to suffer for the rest of his life?" Did he do something to cause her depression? Even if he did it doesn't justify her actions but it will shine more light on her reasons for snapping and literally going crazy-evil on her family. Her husband knows more than he is letting on.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:26 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default A Black family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I'm not surprised that LE was called out to the house so many times and no one got arrested. If the family had looked different and/or if the house had been in a poorer part of town, I'm sure someone would have gotten locked up during at least one of these visits.
You're impplying that no action was taken by LE despite being called to the home numerous times because this was a White family. Yes, likely very true. However, when the police arrived, I'm sure she was polite, courteous, friendly, and cooperative in answering the police's questions so they left without incident. Had it been a Black household, chances even after the police arrived one or more of the family members would have escalated the situation by continuously yelling/loud talking, cursing, being rude to the police, refusing to answer questions or refusing to comply with police requests-orders (such as stop fighting), or God-forbid fight the police or struggle to the point where someone has to be taken to jail if not something worse.

Current day media is not on par with the media profession pre-internet age. Today, their reporting is so one-sided and lacking in details that it makes you wonder did colleges do away with Media studies and journalism degree program. When situations are escalated involving LE and civilians, the context is rarely given unless it's clearly the fault of the police. The headline reports over and over that so-and-so was shot or killed by police without the backstory of how it escalated to a shooting in the first place. When it's due to the foolish or dangerous behavior of the civilian, the media will never mention it at all. Instead they will focus on the fully grown victim's elementary school or prom pictures 5 or 10 years ago and other things that are totally irrelevant to why he or she was shot by LE today.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:28 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
The media hasn't asked the right questions and her husband has not given a complete story. It's reported that he said when she called the family together in the living room or whatever part of the home, he thought that maybe she was going to announce that they were getting a divorce. That sounds made up. He would have known that their marriage was doing poorly if he thought she was about to make that announcement. He said that she was depressed. However, that still doesn't explain why she wanted to make him suffer. What was going on between he and his wife that she "wanted him to suffer for the rest of his life?" Did he do something to cause her depression? Even if he did it doesn't justify her actions but it will shine more light on her reasons for snapping and literally going crazy-evil on her family. Her husband knows more than he is letting on.
She very likely suffered from a mixed personality disorder. It isn't her husband's fault.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:58 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I think its likely that they didn't expect her to go to this point. But when a woman leaves her abusive husband, her chance of being murdered by him sky rockets. I'd imagine it was the same in this situation.

Borderline Personality Disorder (which I would guess was in combination with other PDs to make her this severe) seems a likely fit, at least from the outside. An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection is a cornerstone. Her husband had left her, her daughter was about to get married, her other daughter was going off to college soon...she was losing everything (in her mind). I'd bet she planned this from the moment her husband left her. She did and said what ever she could to get him to come back so she could punish him. Her daughters were just disposable to her.

Well that is my theory.
I think you might have it backwards. From the articles, I think it was she who left her husband and daughters, and she had just recently moved back in. Her husband thought the family meeting was to announce that they were getting a divorce.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:34 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Not in my neighborhood. The last one was six people killed at a BBQ. All victims were black and the two shooters were black. There is almost no white violent crime in Pittsburgh. The amount of gun deaths in the US is wildly out of control in black communities. How many black kill each other in Chicago alone on a daily basis? WOW!
That would be 2.4 or about one every ten hours.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:16 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I think people are going by the look of the house. But if you know that area, you will know those houses are not very costly. They are far out from Houston (esp with traffic) and texas has some crazy cheep houses. I would guess they are middle class.

I am amused when people say she is pretty. Every single photo I have seen of her, she has used an app to heavily edit her appearance. Her skin, her eyes, etc. She looks terrible in them, I think. But I have no idea what she looked like in real life because of her heavy handed editing.
I just did a quick HAR search. The houses for sale in that area looked mainly to be in the $300-500K range. I'm guessing middle class, but some people think that is rich. There are quite a bit of oil/gas people in that area. That high school the girls went to is considered very desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events