Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

That first link- with the murder- I think the fact that the jury believed her when she said he stole money out of her purse and slapped her probably helped more than the PMS defense.

The mom who beat her kid up ( didn't kill ) lost custody and dropped that silly defense anyway.

As for the British case? No telling what the European criminal justice system will do.

You have just gone out of your way to be a jerk towards all the women on the forum with your nasty posts, basically accusing all of us of condoning this horrible person's behavior. None of us did that.

Maybe you should ask yourself about your anger issues towards women. Just sayin.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:22 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,071,063 times
This is within a couple miles of my house.

I am shocked as Fulshear is a small town with a few nice neighborhoods bordering Katy it is probably the wealthiest suburb in the Houston area outskde of the Beltway.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:01 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This is a thread about a white woman murdering her two white daughters. Why are you dragging black people into it? <confused>

Because the poster always have black people on his brain...especially black men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAinPanchkula View Post
Great ! view all of you.Thanks for sharing Great view.

Thanks?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
You really think this woman would have spent the rest of her life in jail - if she had been subdued without being killed? You obviously have a lot more confidence in the criminal justice system than I do. I believe that she would have maybe gotten some time in a minimum security facility - and/or possibly a mental institution. She obviously had money - so, I'm sure she could have hired some expensive lawyer & wouldn't have done any real hard time.

If you're rich, you can get away with anything - even murder.

Not always. Remember where Darlie Routier is.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:45 AM

7 posts, read 3,755 times
Sometimes I don't understand how things like this can possibly happen, how there can be people out there capable of such atrocities...

Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Why do these idiot reporters always interview neighbors about horrible things that happened to/by their neighbors, who are complete strangers to them? They are always clueless and often don't even know their neighbors' names, much less anything about their lives, so no important information is gleaned from them.

Neighbor's comment: "They were such a quiet family. They seemed so nice. I never thought it would happen to them."

Or: "They are a typical family. The kids were so well behaved."

Or: "This sort of thing never happens in our neighborhood."

Old 06-28-2016, 11:11 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why do these idiot reporters always interview neighbors about horrible things that happened to/by their neighbors, who are complete strangers to them? They are always clueless and often don't even know their neighbors' names, much less anything about their lives, so no important information is gleaned from them.

Neighbor's comment: "They were such a quiet family. They seemed so nice. I never thought it would happen to them."

Or: "They are a typical family. The kids were so well behaved."

Or: "This sort of thing never happens in our neighborhood."

The neighbors probably just say hello which is the most they ever talk. Maybe sometimes, when they're mowing the yard they may have a casual conversation but that's only if they are next door so I totally agree.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:29 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
This is a conversation about a woman shooting her children with a gun. Why my comment got deleted because of "gun conversation" is really confusing.

I feel for the husband, but it sounds like her mental issues were known. Why she was allowed to keep a gun in the home is baffling.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have to wonder, since Dad was home....how did it escalate to her shooting her kids in the middle of the damn street. What was he doing?
Watching TV?

Puttering?

Hiding?

Old 06-28-2016, 01:16 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have to wonder, since Dad was home....how did it escalate to her shooting her kids in the middle of the damn street. What was he doing?

"A family friend, Madison Davey, told KTRK that Jason and Christy were arguing the day of the shooting. Jason told Davey what happened.

“He told Christy, ‘Just shoot yourself. Make it easy on all of us, just shoot yourself,’ and she said, ‘No, that’s not what this is about, this is about punishing you,'” Davey told KTRK. “I always knew something would happen, but I never thought she would do this. Christie was toxic for the family. She was mentally unstable.”

“He would do anything to protect them and he tried to, but Christie was out to kill that day,” Davey said."

Christy Sheats: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Also from that page:

"Police Have Been Called to Sheats’ Home 14 Times in the Past, Including for 3 Suicide Attempts"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events