Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 12:21 AM

20 posts, read 21,780 times

Advertisements

Texas mother killed by police after she fatally shot her two daughters in a 'family dispute' | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
A woman fatally shot two of her daughters in a quiet suburb outside Houston before she was killed by a police officer.
Christy Sheats, 42, shot her daughters Taylor Sheats, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, following a family dispute that spilled out from their home and onto the street in Fulshear, Texas, on Friday.
The mother was killed by a responding police officer after she refused to drop her pistol. Madison was pronounced dead on the scene, while Taylor was airlifted to a hospital where she later died.

Police received an emergency call around 5pm on Friday evening and found daughters Taylor and Madison lying outside in the 6000 block of Remson Hollow Lane.
Christy was still holding a pistol, and a Fulshear police officer was forced to shoot her after she refused to put it down, said Troy Nehls, a Fort Bend County Sheriff.
It is unclear whether Christy was pointing the gun at the responding police officer or at one of her daughters.
Madison was dead by the time authorities arrived on the scene, according to the sheriff's office.
Taylor was airlifted to Texas Medical Center in Houston in critical condition on Friday, and the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office confirmed she had died by Saturday morning.

The husband and father was home at the time, but not injured. He was later taken to a hospital because he was distraught.
'It was a family argument that turned into a shooting. But we're still trying to put the pieces together,' Sheriff Nehls told the Houston Chronicle.
He said it was too early to establish a motive and added: 'Right now, all we can do is try to pray for the father and the husband so he can try to work through this.'
Authorities have been called to the home multiple times in the past, but it remains unclear why.

Neighbors in Fulshear were shocked, and Austin Enke, who went to high school with one of the daughters, said he thought he heard fireworks at first.
'It's crazy. The neighborhood has never seen this kind of thing before. It's always quiet. This is surprising. They never showed any kind of thing that was wrong with them whatsoever,' he told KHOU.
In September 2015, Christy, a business manager at a laser tattoo removal clinic, posted a photo of her two daughters on Facebook.
She wrote: 'Happy Daughter's Day to my two amazing, sweet, kind, beautiful, intelligent girls. I love and treasure you both more than you could ever possibly know.'
Tributes poured in for Taylor on Facebook on Saturday, where friend Joanna Higgins wrote on their high school alumni page: 'I'm in utter shock. She was so talented and had a heart of gold. God rest her soul and those mourning her loss.'
Madison's former teacher Whitney Mae Bruce wrote: 'My heart is broken this morning to find that my sweet Madison Sheats lost her life. Always positive and smiling, Madison quickly became one of my favorite students four years ago while teaching for the first time in Katy.
'A wonderful student/person/babysitter will be missed enormously. Please pray for her father.'
How incredibly tragic.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
I can't believe her facebook is still up.

https://www.facebook.com/cbsheats?fref=photo

Strange that in September, she posted this. I wonder what changed since then?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 06-26-2016, 01:15 AM

105 posts, read 118,849 times
Well, don't judge! As we all know, being a woman we have no idea what she was going through or what kind of mental state she was in, so it's all perfectly understandable. It's completely unacceptable that she was shot dead. She was most likely going through some post-partum depression decades on or was on her period so that would of course mitigate her actions. She is in NO WAY responsible for what she did, she had something going on that doesn't make her responsible!! Please have understanding and sympathy!! [/women on the forum].

Old 06-26-2016, 01:41 AM

105 posts, read 118,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
10 guns in the house! Sorry for the girls and their dad.
Well, had he given her more love and affection and did more to show is genuine love/apprecian it could have been avoided.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem
Congratulations! You have a good one there.
Crazy people are crazy. Susan Smith didn't need a gun.
No Sue Smith was pure evil!!!

SHE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HER KIDS UP FOR ADOPTION INSTEAD OF WHAT SHE DID!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How in God's name is this about guns?

You people are messed up.

Poor girls.
I agree. It's such a tragedy.

That poor dad. I can't imagine what he's going through.

I am also amazed that her FB page is still up and running.

She sho nuff has a crazy look in her eyes in her pics. Wow. You never know what's really in someone's mind, I guess.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:44 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Facebook page is down, or at least I couldn't access it.

So tragic.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:05 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I just scrolled through her FB page. She sounds like a religious, anti gun regulation gun owner but not a killer. She seemed perfectly normal when it comes to family and friends. Maybe the spider biting her did something to her brain.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:07 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
Her Facebook page is still up for now. I wonder what the fight was about (not that it matters).

That poor father Not a very happy birthday..

Last edited by crd08; 06-26-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 06-26-2016, 03:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
I thought my 2 girls were bad. Yikes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events