U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:12 AM

6,679 posts, read 11,893,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Mayor of town where Trayvon Martin died carjacked outside home - CBS News

Mayor of the town where Trayvon Martin was killed was the victim of a carjacking incident recently. According to the mayor's account, they put a gun in his mouth, and also to his head.

And they want to take our guns away?

No wonder gun sales are soaring. I'm glad I stocked up long before the gun grabbers started with their whining and crying. Folks better learn how to defend themselves, because this nonsense seems to be the norm, and no one seems to care about changing that.
I'd rather deal with the carjacker, than your mindset. Thank you very much.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:16 AM

29,917 posts, read 34,517,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'd rather deal with the carjacker, than your mindset. Thank you very much.
You say that until one sticks a gun in your wife or daughters ear.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:20 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
It is pure ignorance for people to insist that democrats are not trying to take guns away from America's citizens. Of course they don't propose confiscating all guns. That would be stupid! Instead they nibble away, convincing the anti-gun idiots that they really aren't working towards a major goal.

We already have a ton of gun control in this country - background checks, waiting periods, bullet limitations (pah-lease!), required permits, etc. Yet we have more violence now than we did in the 50s when there was little to no government control on gun purchases.

Many of you are still sleeping. Are you unaware that Obama blamed the Orlando slaughter on gun ownership rather than Islamic terrorism? The answer isn't in more gun control. Maybe it's in thug control.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:09 AM

341 posts, read 174,542 times
Quote:

Mayor of the town where Trayvon Martin was killed was the victim of a carjacking incident recently. According to the mayor's account, they put a gun in his mouth, and also to his head.

No wonder gun sales are soaring. I'm glad I stocked up long before the gun grabbers started with their whining and crying. Folks better learn how to defend themselves, because this nonsense seems to be the norm, and no one seems to care about changing that.
More guns=the answer?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:26 AM

48,880 posts, read 39,370,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I can see that the OP does not live in the appropriately name Gunshine State. I can give you many more instances of "good guys" with guns; shot for playing loud music at gas station, cutting in line at a pizza place, salesman walking away from a home, attempt to shoot a meter reader, etc., etc.

Yep, there are a lot of "good guys" out there. Hint. NEVER get into a confrontation with another motorist. NEVER get out of your car. They just might be another good guy with a gun who is Standing Their Ground.
Same twisted logic used by some to point out anecdotal incidents by blacks in an attempt to point out the problem is with them.

The well is poisoned, there have been too many attempts to use laws to subvert the constitution under the guise of "reasonable and minor" laws. Attempts to put huge taxes on bullets. City-wide unconstitutional bans. But you want to twist it that the gun-owners are just being paranoid?

Anyway, no point arguing. You'll never get anything past the US Senate and if anything are just handing more Senate seats in rural states to Republicans.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:56 AM

7,289 posts, read 12,865,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Who specifically wants to take your guns away? Why are conservative continually spewing false nonsense like this? Limiting the amount of rounds in magazines or restricting certain types of assault rifles isn't taking your guns away...
Because of stuff like ^^^ this. That's why people keep talking about it. The real "false nonsense" is what the media has re-invented as "Common Sense Gun Control". Or have you coined another new buzz phrase this week to further delude people?

The whole premise of the so-called "Common Sense Gun Control" is actually a "Trickle Down Gun Ban". That doesn't sound like a great strategy when put that way, does it? You know, just start at the top, with the law abiding people who already don't pose any threat to anyone. Then, somehow, through some arcane, undefined trickle down method that nobody seems to be able to identify or describe, the effect will magically straighten out all of the inner city butchers, psychos, "peaceful religious types", and other misfits. Am I right? It's just going to magically do something that can't be done and won't ever work. That's not common sense.

So if we're going to talk about real "Common Sense", let's leave all of the soft language and snazzy buzzwords alone, and tackle the root cause of the problem.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,435,406 times
Quote:
"This is a very scary situation. I'm the father of two and I've been married for 20 years this year," Triplett told WKMG. "I'm lucky to be standing here having this conversation."
Why do reporters always feel compelled to inquire about and mention the victim's family? Was the crime somehow worse or more newsworthy because the victim is married and has two kids?

...If Obama had two sons they would look like the suspects...

Last edited by Robert5; 06-27-2016 at 09:24 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 09:13 AM

7,741 posts, read 5,322,246 times
A married father of two, VP of banking, mayor of a fair-sized suburb, hanging out in the hood at 2AM... Add to that parking his 2013 MB there too.
One has to wonder what kind of business this man had in that area at such an hour.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:18 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,121,261 times
Quote:

Your last sentence is so true. You have to ask this administration why he is for protecting those who look like him more than the honest hard working people trying to make their own living in the nation.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:46 AM

11,894 posts, read 6,556,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
A married father of two, VP of banking, mayor of a fair-sized suburb, hanging out in the hood at 2AM... Add to that parking his 2013 MB there too.
One has to wonder what kind of business this man had in that area at such an hour.
If you watched your local news you would know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events