Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:21 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times

Advertisements

Mayor of town where Trayvon Martin died carjacked outside home - CBS News

Mayor of the town where Trayvon Martin was killed was the victim of a carjacking incident recently. According to the mayor's account, they put a gun in his mouth, and also to his head.

And they want to take our guns away?

No wonder gun sales are soaring. I'm glad I stocked up long before the gun grabbers started with their whining and crying. Folks better learn how to defend themselves, because this nonsense seems to be the norm, and no one seems to care about changing that.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:27 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Who specifically wants to take your guns away? Why are conservative continually spewing false nonsense like this? Limiting the amount of rounds in magazines or restricting certain types of assault rifles isn't taking your guns away...

Old 06-26-2016, 11:43 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Who specifically wants to take your guns away? Why are conservative continually spewing false nonsense like this? Limiting the amount of rounds in magazines or restricting certain types of assault rifles isn't taking your guns away...
At this point, I firmly believe lawmakers have more in mind than just limiting magazine sizes. The recent sit in/protest by Dems on the house floor was kind of a wake up call. Dems are no longer interested in playing by the rules. They want to dictate laws concerning guns, and that is a slippery slope.

I've never been a fan of assault rifles myself. I don't think Dems will stop at just curtailing/banning the sale of these dangerous weapons however. I also don't believe banning things solves much of anything. Criminals do not follow the law. That's why they are criminals in the first place.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Fortunately they caught two of the criminals.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM

684 posts, read 514,631 times
Yea these three didntdonuffin yoofs need to be taken out out society by any means possible, but preferably with a bullet through their heads using the same gun they had when they car jacked the mayor.

Until we really get tough on crime we will continue to have these problems and these types of criminals running the streets

Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM

545 posts, read 594,632 times
Poor mayor..assaulted by two young thuggies!

Old 06-26-2016, 11:59 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Yea these three didntdonuffin yoofs need to be taken out out society by any means possible, but preferably with a bullet through their heads using the same gun they had when they car jacked the mayor.

Until we really get tough on crime we will continue to have these problems and these types of criminals running the streets
If we really got tough on some of these young punks maybe they would not be running around with guns. I have said it before..Bring back the public whipping post.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:40 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
There have been numerous attempts at gun disarmament via innocuous "jim crow style" laws. You of all people should be aware of attempts to remove or restrict rights with things that are portrayed as "reasonable". Chicago used "licensing" for decades to do just such a thing. Bullet taxes is another. (*cough* poll taxes?)

All this grandstanding by democrats from urban areas with poverty, gangs, drugs and high levels of gun violence. The rest of the country is tired of them trying to put laws on us (my area has gun violence like oh...Canada does) because it's politically expedient to find someone else to blame.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
I can see that the OP does not live in the appropriately name Gunshine State. I can give you many more instances of "good guys" with guns; shot for playing loud music at gas station, cutting in line at a pizza place, salesman walking away from a home, attempt to shoot a meter reader, etc., etc.

Yep, there are a lot of "good guys" out there. Hint. NEVER get into a confrontation with another motorist. NEVER get out of your car. They just might be another good guy with a gun who is Standing Their Ground.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:01 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Every gun is an assault gun (just ask this Mayor).
Hillary and the rest of the Dems won't be happy till they are all gone.
Love the new catch phrase "weapons of war". Hell, they're all weapons of war.

The problem is the Black inner city males who use weapons to kill and assault at very high levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events