Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 AM

2,055 posts, read 2,561,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Wow, seriously. The sensitivity of people these days amazes me. This shouldnt of even been news worthy. Bunch of complainers, whining about a non issue.
Lord have mercy, you are right. Exactly what I was saying and thinking. Nothing else to complain about? How about trying to make that smartphone monthly payment on time this month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:25 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,478,323 times
Look for racism hard enough and you will find it in everything, even if it's all in your head.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,199,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
LMAO!

Beer? Where do you see "beer"?
All I see is a dangerous GLASS bottle of soda pop or water.

As for your comment about the sunglasses... Are you inferring that you can't tell if he's Asian because the sunglasses hide the "slant" of his eyes? WTH?!

So much for your enlightened vision... ahem....because you're white. You don't even see how racist your comment is, do you?
Opinions are opinions. We all get to have one.

I don't owe you an explanation for my opinion nor will I waste time providing you with one.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:49 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,231,086 times
Stick figures are the way to go. Oh my, but what color should they be? Should they be skinny or wide? Short or tall? Clothes or naked?

Never mind.....

Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,448,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Stick figures are the way to go. Oh my, but what color should they be? Should they be skinny or wide? Short or tall? Clothes or naked?

Never mind.....

They all looked quite fit for their ages, didn't they. That discriminates against overweight kids and bone-skinny kids. Surely all those kids pictured come from well-to-do parents who have the money to properly feed them.

How many girls compared to boys? I didn't count, but maybe I should,,, and then take some sort of issue about it. If it's 7 boys to 6 girls, that's discrimination to us females.

Now that I think about it... were there any gays in that pool? Transgenders? Shouldn't they also be recognized by the American Red Cross?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:51 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,026,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post

Never mind.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
They all looked quite fit for their ages, didn't they. That discriminates against overweight kids and bone-skinny kids. Surely all those kids pictured come from well-to-do parents who have the money to properly feed them.

How many girls compared to boys? I didn't count, but maybe I should,,, and then take some sort of issue about it. If it's 7 boys to 6 girls, that's discrimination to us females.

Now that I think about it... were there any gays in that pool? Transgenders? Shouldn't they also be recognized by the American Red Cross?
Bingo!!

The fact that people would be more concerned about keeping score of skin color instead of accepting the poster as a means of teaching pool safety to children just validates how ridiculous all of this PC silliness has become.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 PM

8,349 posts, read 4,334,324 times
“No matter how cynical I get, it’s impossible to keep up.” Lily Tomlin

Old 06-28-2016, 01:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,628,317 times
That poster is absolutely offensive.

Every single 'Not Cool' person is either Black or Hispanic. There are only two 'Cool' people, and they are both white.

If I were the mother of a Black or Hispanic child, I would be offended by that poster.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:12 PM

5,328 posts, read 8,520,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Every single 'Not Cool' person is either Black or Hispanic. There are only two 'Cool' people, and they are both white.

If I were the mother of a Black or Hispanic child, I would be offended by that poster.
Are you sure?

I see two "not cool" white people on the poster - the guy in sunglasses, and the white kid chasing the darker-skinned kid on the side of the pool.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:13 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,448,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Look again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events