U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:19 PM

3,159 posts, read 3,343,016 times

Advertisements

A lot of people don't understand the details and mix them all up.

There are two major religious factions of Islam: Sunni and Shia.

The Kurds are an ethnic group different from Arabs, and both are different from Turks, and all three are different from Iranians.

Kurds are mostly Sunni Muslim, but they tend to be secular and liberal, at least in relative terms.

Shias tend to be crazy, but generally less violent than Sunnis.

Sunnis are very crazy and very violent, except for Kurds. Generally.

In this confusing mix, there are also small numbers of Arab Christians, Kurdish Christians, and Yazidis. Yazidis are not Muslim or Christian.

Make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 05:19 PM

4,903 posts, read 2,513,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
This one looks like a security officer shot the terrorist when he was running . Looks like the terrorist drops a gun. The security officer shot him some more , but then realized the suicide vest and ran away .
too bad he didn't shoot him in the head.

filthy animals

Old 06-28-2016, 05:24 PM

3,159 posts, read 3,343,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
doesn't the PKK traditionally target Turks?
Yes.

I highly doubt it was the PKK or any other Kurdish faction. They have no beef with non-Turks and are smart enough to not try to pick a fight with the world. It just doesn't benefit them in any way. They are more like the IRA - they are violent but they still have some sort of principles.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:25 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,695,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Sure..continue with your obvious focus on blaming those who had absolutely no original action that caused impulsion of the Middle East...Actions actually have consequences..Cleanup of such is impossible to clean up such a disaster/ never mind dealing with economical meltdown 2008 Market DROP!! ..Just maybe trying to clean up the disasters caused by disruptions ..enabled all those extremists to get unleashed back in the early2002..which escalated..
I didn't blame Obama for huge market drop in 08' that was Bush's fault but get ready and put on your seatbelt because I will be blaming Obama's Feds for QE ballooning the market with cheap money. Expect a huge market drop after the election, it's all well timed right now to keep funding the market to get Hillary elected and then watch the market tank next year.

If Trump doesn't win the election, he'll be laughing from the sidelines. It's gonna get ugly next year because the market is ready to blow up.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 PM

24 posts, read 13,982 times
We need tougher laws on sucide vests.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:38 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,189,716 times
Sad, not surprised at all, this will continue for quite some time I believe.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,065,950 times
you can have 100 layers of security and still if someone wants to kill you , they'll find a way.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:11 PM

1,664 posts, read 769,992 times
I passed through that airport twice last year. I was very impressed with the huge amount of security present, but apparently all the security in the world can't stop these suicide bombers.

I'm glad I went to Turkey last year and not this year. I have a picture of me standing on the exact spot at the Hippodrome in Istanbul where a bomb went off several months ago. I'm doubly lucky that I wasn't in the right spot at the wrong time.

It's a wonderful country full of wonderful people and I hope to be able to go again some day when all this is over, but at the rate it's going, there won't be anything left. OR, it will NEVER be over.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:10 AM

5,841 posts, read 6,919,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
"Religion of Peace" strikes again.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but it needs to be said every time this terrorist scum does their thing. It IS time to invade the ISIS controlled territory and wipe them out. We have Paris, Brussels, Orlando and now Istanbul. Of course these are just the big ones, if we count all the small time attacks it gets much worse. How long are we going to put up with this??? The civilized world needs to put together a real coalition, an invasion force like the 1991 effort against Saddam Hussein. Why are the most powerful nations on earth tolerating this barbarism on their soil?? The nations which have been attacked are the United States, France, Belgium, and now Turkey. Every one of these nations are members of NATO, the most powerful military alliance on earth yet it keeps happening. Well I am sure there will be weeks of memorials, candles lit but yet nothing will be done about the terrorist. There are still memorials going on for the Orlando victims, yet none of these people think about going after the killers.

What better memorial for the victims of terror than to paint their name on a smart bomb and light up some terrorist city in occupied Syria. What better way to memorialize them then to free those poor Syrians and Iraqis living under ISIS horror. They are as bad as the Nazis, they HAVE TO GO.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:50 AM

30,316 posts, read 31,191,100 times
Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: 41 dead and 239 injured in 'hideous' suicide bombings in Turkey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or