U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 PM

4,210 posts, read 2,200,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Horrible, indeed, and very sad, but why were the two men riding up front?

"The two men jumped out of the two front doors"

I remember the bad old days when guys always took the front seats for themselves and left the women in the back seats. That does not happen in my world. Couples sit together.

So, with this story, I am both sad and mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 11:59 PM

424 posts, read 269,205 times
I'm surprised 1 of them didn't sock the dude holding him back

Old 07-02-2016, 12:57 AM

3,025 posts, read 1,994,347 times
States need to do a better job of informing the public not to sit on the side of the road. I think it should be on every drivers test, and really should be illegal to sit on the side of a road unless you are unable to drive.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:15 AM

5,533 posts, read 3,479,663 times
At 3:30 am it's quite possible the driver was too fatigued and/or distracted to think clearly. I'm sure someone said, "What if there's more damage than we thought? Oh, pull over, pull over!" And he did. With tragic results.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:28 AM

752 posts, read 599,665 times
Just how much did the van stick out into the lane? The shoulder looked fairly wide, although the van's impact site could have been farther up and not visible in the picture from the article. Did both rear tail lights get broken in the impact with the BMW?

Yes, the horrible accident is already reality but it just seems so terribly and unnecessarily tragic that my mind is simply caught on, "What mistakes happened here and what could have prevented this event?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Horrible, indeed, and very sad, but why were the two men riding up front?

"The two men jumped out of the two front doors"

I remember the bad old days when guys always took the front seats for themselves and left the women in the back seats. That does not happen in my world. Couples sit together.

So, with this story, I am both sad and mad.
Your comment gives off a very strong impression that you think it would be better if 1 couple survived despite their kids still dying, plus the entirety of the other family having been annihilated by the accident.

Putting the accident aside, your comment about couples sitting together gave no consideration for the children in back. How did you know that the kids did not require supervision? How do you know that the 2 mothers for these families did not prefer taking charge of managing the children's growth and learning? Or it could be as simple as the two mothers wanting to socialize better without worrying about the responsibilities of keeping an eye on the road.

How do you know that your world applied to theirs better than theirs did?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:42 AM

8,520 posts, read 4,780,819 times
This is the worst thing a father can go through. RIP

Old 07-02-2016, 12:21 PM

3,780 posts, read 2,426,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I can't wait to die to be with the Lord in heaven.
Do us all a favor and get to it.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:18 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,154,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Do us all a favor and get to it.
I'm working on it a little each day.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:20 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,154,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveNotCommute View Post
Your comment gives off a very strong impression that you think it would be better if 1 couple survived despite their kids still dying,
It gave me the impression that she is gay and two women would be in the front seats.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:59 PM

5,427 posts, read 3,306,860 times
Imagine living with that for the rest of your lives, no I can't phantom that. These poor guys need lifelong counseling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or