U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:56 PM

11,895 posts, read 9,616,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
Read the article folks
"The increased police involvement follows a May 25 meeting among the Collingswood Police Department, school officials, and representatives from the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, where school officials and police both said they were told to report to police any incidents that could be considered criminal, including what Police Chief Kevin Carey called anything "as minor as a simple name-calling incident that the school would typically handle internally."

The police and schools were also advised that they should report "just about every incident" to the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency, Carey said."

Of course the school over-reacted but,atleast this keeps those crazy parents who complain about schools and lack of discipline.
If my kids' school called the police for simple name calling and an apparently "racist" remark made abut brownies, I would be pulling my kid from that school faster than you can SAY "call 911." Ridiculous overstepping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 01:13 PM

1,202 posts, read 746,818 times
we are talking about NJ here that nanny state at its finest.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
we are talking about NJ here that nanny state at its finest.
This is an extreme situation, even for a very liberal state like NJ. It is NOT normal for a district/school in this state to get the police involved in any and all name calling or apparently racist remark incident, especially not at the elementary level. This is next level stuff right here and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:30 PM

2,057 posts, read 1,044,258 times
Quote:
"The increased police involvement follows a May 25 meeting among the Collingswood Police Department, school officials, and representatives from the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, where school officials and police both said they were told to report to police any incidents that could be considered criminal

Hmmm ... Prosecutors office ... aren't they elected or something?

Quote:
including what Police Chief Kevin Carey called anything "as minor as a simple name-calling incident that the school would typically handle internally.
Hmmm ... PC run amok. BTW, what is the racial/ethnic breakdown of the phone call stats? Are there white on white, black on black, other on other? Looks like another close encounter of the third kind for the BLM thugs.

Quote:
The police and schools were also advised that they should report "just about every incident" to the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency, Carey said."
EMPLOYMENT ALERT ... JOBS GALORE ... NO BRAINS (oops) I MEAN EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

Quote:
Of course the school over-reacted but,atleast this keeps those crazy parents who complain about schools and lack of discipline.
Indeed it does. Guess what my man ... we just created a breeding ground for PC libs.

O well.

El Nox

Old 06-30-2016, 01:41 PM

11,902 posts, read 6,563,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If my kids' school called the police for simple name calling and an apparently "racist" remark made abut brownies, I would be pulling my kid from that school faster than you can SAY "call 911." Ridiculous overstepping.
Without a doubt. At times like this I am happy that I don't have children.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Without a doubt. At times like this I am happy that I don't have children.
Haha at this point in my life, neither do I! I was talking about my hypothetical children.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:24 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,779,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There is already a thread on this, and later in that other thread there are quite a few answers as to why the school officials called the police. But I realize it's more fun to make baseless comments.
I did a search in this Forum before posting and found no thread in here. Perhaps you could be kind enough to post a link to that thread that is in this particular Forum, or, at least give the answer 'as to why the school officials called the police' - what was the remark made that had the school calling the cops? I had also done a Google search before posting but none of the articles mentioned what the kid had said.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:20 PM

13,412 posts, read 5,207,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Even if the kid did say something racist, why on earth would they call the cops? Something is not adding up here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I read the article more carefully. I still don't get why the school staff would be so brainless to call the cops over things like this, even if they were told to. Its wrong on so many levels.
Zero tolerance equals zero brains.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:39 PM

4,787 posts, read 8,757,843 times
There is another thread in " politics and other controversies". Still have no idea exactly what the kid said.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:30 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
There is another thread in " politics and other controversies". Still have no idea exactly what the kid said.
I just looked through there and didn't see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or