Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times

Advertisements

Disney World is quietly removing alligator jokes and characters from its Orlando theme parks, after a gator killed a 2-year-old boy at a Disney resort earlier this month.

Since the tragic death of 2-year-old Lane Graves, signs warning of alligators and temporary barriers now surround Disney resort beaches. The theme park's latest push, however, is to keep guests away from gators is more about sensitivity than safety.

From the Tic-Toc Croc in “Peter Pan,” who helps take down Captain Hook - to Louis, the jazz-loving gator from “Princess and the Frog” - alligator and crocodile references are disappearing from new and decade-old attractions at the parks.

I know it was a tragedy, but really??? Who got offended?

Disney ditches gator characters after attack - Story | KTBC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 12:07 PM

759 posts, read 636,308 times
Not me... and yes it was a tragedy.

I'm wondering though... did they also remove their line of blankets?

Old 07-01-2016, 12:15 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
All I can do now is laugh at the ridiculousness that has become this country, it is saddening.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
i guess the florida gators have to change their name now to the florida kitty cats.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Not me... and yes it was a tragedy.

I'm wondering though... did they also remove their line of blankets?
HAHA, you better watch out though. Cause there will be someone lurking that will be offended.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:35 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Disney World is quietly removing alligator jokes and characters from its Orlando theme parks, after a gator killed a 2-year-old boy at a Disney resort earlier this month.

Since the tragic death of 2-year-old Lane Graves, signs warning of alligators and temporary barriers now surround Disney resort beaches. The theme park's latest push, however, is to keep guests away from gators is more about sensitivity than safety.

From the Tic-Toc Croc in “Peter Pan,” who helps take down Captain Hook - to Louis, the jazz-loving gator from “Princess and the Frog” - alligator and crocodile references are disappearing from new and decade-old attractions at the parks.

I know it was a tragedy, but really??? Who got offended?
No one 'got offended', genius - it's called marketing. Perhaps you've heard of it? Do you really need it explained to you why, after a kid is killed by an alligator at Disney World, Disney decides that alligator themes are counterproductive to its business?

Just like last year when Isis Pharmaceuticals changed its name, for glaringly obvious reasons.

M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G. It's not a hard concept.

[The irony here, of course, is that you are clearly very offended by Disney's rather elementary marketing response in this situation.]

Old 07-01-2016, 12:44 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
i guess the florida gators have to change their name now to the florida kitty cats.
I was scratched by a kitty cat a few years ago. Can we please name them something else.
I also was affected by the hurricanes of 2004. Can we please name the Miami hurricanes something else.
I will come up with something for the Seminoles later.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No one 'got offended', genius - it's called marketing. Perhaps you've heard of it? Do you really need it explained to you why, after a kid is killed by an alligator at Disney World, Disney decides that alligator themes are counterproductive to its business?

Just like last year when Isis Pharmaceuticals changed its name, for glaringly obvious reasons.

[The irony here, of course, is that you are clearly very offended by Disney's rather elementary marketing response in this situation.]
I would agree with you thought I am sure it is marketing. Theres always someone getting offended though!

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 07-01-2016 at 01:07 PM..

Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

well said!!

Old 07-01-2016, 01:07 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,566,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
Probably more like it anyway. After Bama whips that gator a55 again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events