Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 03:02 PM

10,355 posts, read 7,988,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Diseney should have done this years ago. It shouldn't take someone dying for this commons sense policy.
You do realize this thread is about Disney's decision to remove CARTOON CHARACTERS from its park, not the actual animals? How is removing Tic-Toc Croc from "Peter Pan" going to make kids any safer?

Unsettomati had it right: this is a marketing move (and an understandable one after the recent tragedy, although perhaps going a bit overboard).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 05:34 PM

712 posts, read 530,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
People come first to YOU.

I was on Team Harambe. I think the crocodile thing is going overboard. I don't think the cougar should have been shot or the meerkat family killed. I don't want every animal on the planet killed to assure my safety if I decide to wander wherever.

And YES, before you ask, I would most certainly save my dog from drowning/fire/whatever before I'd save you because I happen to LOVE him.

Being the highest (such an arrogant attitude) on the food chain matters not IMO.
Who said killing every animal on the planet? lol....Killing crocs in a pond in orlando while leaving the everglades alone is not "killing every animal in the planet". Hunting of lions(over 200k lions in africa, not endangered) or culling an area of sharks in a controlled manner will never result in extinction.

Gorillas in a zoo are NOT endangered. That gorilla was bred in captivity and can't survive in the wild. In the wild they ARE endangered, but captive gorillas are not endangered. So it comes down to who you value more. If it was YOUR child that accidently got in their, would you let the gorilla kill the child? Humans should be able to practice self defense. Animals certainly do. At least a gorilla is intelligent and has some basic emotions. Sharks are gold fish with no emotions, yet people talk about "murdering" a shark. Laughable.

Would you save your mother before your dog in a fire? What about a human friend?
If you answer yes you'd save your mother/friend/ect, then you don't give a crap aobut other people, but only yourself. Selfishness. If you'd rather save a dog over your mother/wife/husband/sister/friend ect then I have no comment because I don't want an infraction.

It's sad when people are so demented they can't understand why a human life is more valuable than an animal. It's a sign of moral decay. Applying human psychology to animals is insane.

And one other question, if animals are no less important than people, is it ok to put some people in slaughterhouses to kill for food? Many animals cannibalize each other including sharks so it's natural!

Old 07-02-2016, 06:31 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Completely asinine and overreaction. They should place signs warning of the dangers of real gators in the area, not make believe ones.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
And the PC crowd goes crazy!..

Old 07-02-2016, 06:55 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OF...aeXTMdFZDRsLwA

Old 07-02-2016, 07:22 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Quote:
Who said killing every animal on the planet? lol....Killing crocs in a pond in orlando while leaving the everglades alone is not "killing every animal in the planet". Hunting of lions(over 200k lions in africa, not endangered) or culling an area of sharks in a controlled manner will never result in extinction.

Gorillas in a zoo are NOT endangered. That gorilla was bred in captivity and can't survive in the wild. In the wild they ARE endangered, but captive gorillas are not endangered. So it comes down to who you value more. If it was YOUR child that accidently got in their, would you let the gorilla kill the child? Humans should be able to practice self defense. Animals certainly do. At least a gorilla is intelligent and has some basic emotions. Sharks are gold fish with no emotions, yet people talk about "murdering" a shark. Laughable.

Would you save your mother before your dog in a fire? What about a human friend?
If you answer yes you'd save your mother/friend/ect, then you don't give a crap aobut other people, but only yourself. Selfishness. If you'd rather save a dog over your mother/wife/husband/sister/friend ect then I have no comment because I don't want an infraction.

It's sad when people are so demented they can't understand why a human life is more valuable than an animal. It's a sign of moral decay. Applying human psychology to animals is insane.

And one other question, if animals are no less important than people, is it ok to put some people in slaughterhouses to kill for food? Many animals cannibalize each other including sharks so it's natural!
Who decides which type of thinking is "demented" as you put it though ? And WHO decides which life is more valuable ? If your answer is something along the lines of "I don't know, human life just IS" then I can't help you. You've already lost the ability for original thought. You've been subsumed into the herd mentality and other preprogrammed mental/responses that society tells you what you're SUPPOSED to think/feel.

I guess to the establishment that makes me just a horrrible person because I like to form my own opinions. ..but there it is. If it makes you feel threatened to see others that think independently (and yes, I think my post threatens you otherwise you wouldn't have passive-aggressive called me demented) than you might want to aim some questions towards yourself.

Incidentally my questions put to you here are questions that were asked of two other animal haters on this forum, neither of whom could come up with an answer (the cougar thread). Who exactly decided that humans were more valuable than animals ?

I've said this many times, but AGAIN I made a commitment to take care of and protect my dog when I adopted him. It really blows my mind that there are people actually expect you to sacrifice an animal companion that you love for a perfect stranger. ...whether or not that stranger even deserves to breathe the same air as you (murderers, rapists etc).

Old 07-02-2016, 07:35 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon
People come first to YOU.

I was on Team Harambe. I think the crocodile thing is going overboard. I don't think the cougar should have been shot or the meerkat family killed. I don't want every animal on the planet killed to assure my safety if I decide to wander wherever.

And YES, before you ask, I would most certainly save my dog from drowning/fire/whatever before I'd save you because I happen to LOVE him.

Being the highest (such an arrogant attitude) on the food chain matters not IMO.
Quote:
The threat of extinction or otherwise should have no bearing on the killing of animals simply to satisfy HUMAN BLOOD LUST!

Quote:
If a child or whoever is taken by whatever animal then we must chalk it up to misadventure. The child or whoever was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Here in the northern parts of Australia we hear of people being taken by crocodiles on occasions because they CHOOSE to go swimming in crocodile territory - DESPITE THE SIGNS THAT WARN OF THE DANGER! You use the word "intelligence". Unfortunately this term seems not apply to many humans! And, when a shark is dragged out of the water for no other purpose than for your precious, but nonetheless despicable, human being's to perform a 'selfie' then it IS murder!

Quote:
Would you save your mother before your dog in a fire? What about a human friend? If you answer yes you'd save your mother/friend/ect, then you don't give a crap aobut other people, but only yourself. Selfishness. If you'd rather save a dog over your mother/wife/husband/sister/friend ect then I have no comment because I don't want an infraction.
You're getting worked up over your own straw man scenario. It ain't gonna happen. Calm down.

Quote:
I do believe that I've asked on a couple of occasions on threads similar to this exactly WHY human beings are more valuable than an animal. We all share the same planet. Who gave who the authority to determine who or what is more important to live here? So, again ...why are humans more important than animals?

Quote:
I'll leave someone else to try to figure out the above question.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
All I can say is...thank God it wasn't a mouse that attacked this kid!

Disney would be up a creek.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:53 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No one 'got offended', genius - it's called marketing. Perhaps you've heard of it? Do you really need it explained to you why, after a kid is killed by an alligator at Disney World, Disney decides that alligator themes are counterproductive to its business?

Just like last year when Isis Pharmaceuticals changed its name, for glaringly obvious reasons.

M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G. It's not a hard concept.

[The irony here, of course, is that you are clearly very offended by Disney's rather elementary marketing response in this situation.]
Pretty stupid marketing decision, I mean, all it does is prevent a kid from buying an alligator plushy. No one is going to be bothered because of an alligator cartoon character being in a theme park. For fook's sake, it's Florida! Alligators motifs are used for tourism all over the state, the same way that mooses are used in Minnesota, or longhorns in Texas. (which also brings up the college football teams.. FL Gators..)

How many children die each year in car accidents? Disney should get rid of its "Cars" themed toys, rides, etc. etc.

This is more telling of the way America is changing and losing basic sense. I wonder if a kid got rabies at a Disney resort from a mouse bite, if they'll get rid of Mickey and Minnie

How about we ban stupid parents from coming to Disney World or zoos? The hell my mother would have let me as a toddler go anywhere NEAR that water! Alligators? Shoot, bacteria is enough to keep me from letting my kid go anywhere near there. American parents are getting dumber and dumber, lacking common sense.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Knee jerking is the worst. I feels almost disrespectful because everyone knows what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events