U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM

11,069 posts, read 9,003,526 times

Advertisements

America: Home of the prude, land of the brave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:07 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,698,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well lets just give Hooters a humanitarian award...maybe a coveted nobel.

I do want to thank this thread for *really* helping my rep count.
Well, there ya go, you have indirectly benefited from the objectification of women.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:08 PM

173 posts, read 97,891 times
I am sure the cub scouts found it to be an uplifting experience! Cub scout camp sure has changed!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:13 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,645,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishReaper View Post
There is a hooters in downtown area of my city near my job. The areas is where you would see families on any given day. I have personally seen families go in to eat from time to time, even heard of kids having birthday parties there.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Mom looks like she's sportin' the cleave too...maybe she used to work there or is trying to show up the waitresses.

My wife wanted to go when were dating, I never would take her or would just suggest somewhere else. She's even halfway wanted to go there as a family and now have kids, but I don't think she's really serious. I don't just don't get it. It won't be me...not there, not to Tilted Kilt or to Twin Peaks. I don't get why a man would want to take his lady - girlfriend or wife, in there and especially not his kids.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:14 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,440,907 times
Smh.....

Old 07-07-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Mom looks like she's sportin' the cleave too...maybe she used to work there or is trying to show up the waitresses.

My wife wanted to go when were dating, I never would take her or would just suggest somewhere else. She's even halfway wanted to go there as a family and now have kids. I don't just don't get it. It won't be me...not there, not to Tilted Kilt or to Twin Peaks.
Why??? I have taken my kids and grand kids there to eat... No big deal.. Heck they see less clothing on TV or at the beach...

People act like hooters is a brothel or something....

I can see the Tilted Kilt..Not sure what Twin Peaks is.....

Old 07-07-2016, 03:17 PM

7,175 posts, read 8,769,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishReaper View Post
There is a hooters in downtown area of my city near my job. The areas is where you would see families on any given day. I have personally seen families go in to eat from time to time, even heard of kids having birthday parties there.

I don't see their uniform(tank top, shorts with pantyhose under them) being any diifferent than you would normally see on some women walking down the street. They look all normal to me
Actually looking at the picture you posted it would appear the mother of children is wearing a V-neck shirt which appears to show far more cleavage and associated skin than anything being revealed by the two employees in the picture...

Oh wait I am being a sexist pig because I am a male and I am passing judgment on a mother who shouldn't have to dress like a puritan. I guess you have to be a female to pass judgement on every other woman you perceive looks better than you do. Give it up already, in this day and age I worry more about a faith based leader taking inappropriate action against a child than I do a Hooters girl....

Old 07-07-2016, 03:24 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,500,984 times
Ok...so hooters is not named after a slang word for breasts...and it is not focused on waitresses who show off their breasts for the gratification of their customers. Lets go with that reality. This thread is played out.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:24 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,645,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Why??? I have taken my kids and grand kids there to eat... No big deal.. Heck they see less clothing on TV or at the beach...

People act like hooters is a brothel or something....

I can see the Tilted Kilt..Not sure what Twin Peaks is.....
It isn't about what they see or don't see, because I monitor what they watch on TV and the beaches we go to aren't nudist and the people there aren't serving us but minding their own, so I don't get what you are saying or why you are projecting that on me. I don't take them to brothels either. So, I guess I'm left with...good for you that you do. Is that it? Why is it you "can see" why I wouldn't take them to Tilted Kilt, but not wanting to take them to Hooters is out of the question?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:25 PM

OMG!!!! The idiocy that is surrounding this.. Don't want my kid exposed to a business like hooters, sexualized business, promotes boobs, etc, etc.. Why don't you adults grow up and act like you have common sense..

Look what goes on in schools, churches, TV & movie industry, etc.. Yet I bet NONE of you have any qualms about your kid being involved with any of those...

Your child will be exposed to thousands of things growing up and seriously, no matter what you "force" or instill upon them they have their own minds and will make their own choices...

Remember the kids that are kept more sheltered are usually the ones who end up in the places or doing things they were sheltered from...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events