Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 03:31 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
OMG!!!! The idiocy that is surrounding this.. Don't want my kid exposed to a business like hooters, sexualized business, promotes boobs, etc, etc.. Why don't you adults grow up and act like you have common sense..

Look what goes on in schools, churches, TV & movie industry, etc.. Yet I bet NONE of you have any qualms about your kid being involved with any of those...

Your child will be exposed to thousands of things growing up and seriously, no matter what you "force" or instill upon them they have their own minds and will make their own choices...

Remember the kids that are kept more sheltered are usually the ones who end up in the places or doing things they were sheltered from...
No need to get nasty. I didn't call you an idiot, and I have plenty of common sense. Sorry it doesn't line up with yours. I'm involved with my kids' schools and I monitor what they see on TV and what movies they watch, so let's just leave it at that. When they are old enough for that sort of content, they are welcome to indulge in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
All the kids, who are first to fifth graders, are going to remember is having a good time at camp. They'll remember doing the projects and being with their friends. They might remember that some nice girls helped them out. That's about it. If they make any connection to Hooters, it will be only because of the hullabaloo coming from the adults. I've raised two boys. They're oblivious at that age, so if parents will just shut up about it, the kids' minds will remain unsullied by the evil boobies.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well lets just give Hooters a humanitarian award...maybe a coveted nobel.
Well according to you, it seems like no business should ever volunteer their time, so I'm not surprised that you would go to the extreme when a parent thanks them for their time.

Quote:
I do want to thank this thread for *really* helping my rep count.
OH?! Some anonymous people apparently sided with you? Well that changes everything! Lets go burn down every last Hooters... along with those boy scout camps, cause you know they're all homophobic child molesters.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
All the kids, who are first to fifth graders, are going to remember is having a good time at camp. They'll remember doing the projects and being with their friends. They might remember that some nice girls helped them out. That's about it. If they make any connection to Hooters, it will be only because of the hullabaloo coming from the adults.
Really? Maybe it is jut my kids who are SUPER sensitive to brand recognition. More so then adults. They will remember they had a blast with those nice ladies from Hooters.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Brand Recognition.... I wonder how often those words come out of an elementary school kids mouth??

Old 07-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
All the kids, who are first to fifth graders, are going to remember is having a good time at camp. They'll remember doing the projects and being with their friends. They might remember that some nice girls helped them out. That's about it. If they make any connection to Hooters, it will be only because of the hullabaloo coming from the adults. I've raised two boys. They're oblivious at that age, so if parents will just shut up about it, the kids' minds will remain unsullied by the evil boobies.
My kids aren't. I've got two girls, one in 3rd grade and one about to start kindergarten. They know brands, songs, artists, actors, movie/TV show titles, cities, road names, businesses...etc. You show my youngest a picture of Mickey Mouse, or Peppa Pig, or Dory or Elsa and Anna and tell me she knows nothing of brand recognition. Lols.

I guess I should just go ahead and order up the Playboy channel on my TV package and take them down to the Boobie Bungalow since there is no way to hide anything from them. Might as well get them a look at possible career choices.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Really? Maybe it is jut my kids who are SUPER sensitive to brand recognition. More so then adults. They will remember they had a blast with those nice ladies from Hooters.
I've been a Scout leader for twenty-five years and watched a LOT of boys grow up. It doesn't register with them until actual adolescence, which is beyond the age of the boys attending the camp. The oldest Scouts will be entering fifth grade in the fall. The only reason any of them will make a connection is because their parents are raising a ruckus about it. Otherwise, it will go right over their heads.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Brand Recognition.... I wonder how often those words come out of an elementary school kids mouth??
I remember in elementary gym class we had a little dance and hand motions to go along with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-V953wYlc

And parents today think their kids seeing a little logo on a hat are going to scar them for life. I doubt they were signing and dancing to some hooters song at that day camp.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
My kids aren't. I've got two girls, one in 3rd grade and one about to start kindergarten. They know brands, songs, artists, motive titles, cities, road names, businesses...etc.

I guess I should just go ahead and order up the Playboy channel on my TV package and take them down to the Boobie Bungalow since there is no way to hide anything from them. Might as well get them a look at possible career choices.
You have girls, not boys. It's different. Ask any mother of boys. They just don't notice until middle school unless it's got a Nintendo logo or has to do with their favorite sports team. And of course you should not order the Playboy channel and expose young children to it, but seeing a young adult female dressed just like their older sisters in a t-shirt and cut-offs is NOT going to scar them for life.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You have girls, not boys. It's different. Ask any mother of boys. They just don't notice until middle school unless it's got a Nintendo logo or has to do with their favorite sports team.
Oh of course. That must be it. My nephews are a bit older and were/are the same way and just now getting to middle school. Nice try. I also happen to have grown up a boy. And I'd know exactly where to look to find those Hooters waitresses again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events