Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 03:31 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,329 times

Advertisements

So you go to the beach or pool and see more explosed skin. Or perhaps we should all be ashamed of our human bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 05:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
By parents they mean one or a few jealous moms...

I don't see an issue.

Ha, ha.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Or perhaps we should all be ashamed of our human bodies.
That's what some Christians would want you to believe.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:34 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That's what some Christians would want you to believe.
Oh, just Christians? Really?

Old 07-05-2016, 06:06 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Lol!
I've never actually been in Hooters, but my understanding is that people can and do bring their families in including children.
This complaining comes up every now and then in regards to Hooters from people who have never been there. I'm not a big fan of Hooters because the menu isn't all that great and there are better wings in other area sports bars/restaurants which is all Hooters is. It is just a regular sports bar/restaurant that usually tries to hire attractive waitresses, as they all do.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Oh, just Christians? Really?

Did you not read the "some"….I know a lot more Christians than other religious people and many of them are hypocrites. So yes in "my" experience "just Christians"

Old 07-05-2016, 07:00 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Hooters is a very sexist organization. If you have seen the inner workings, you will see they treat their servers like crap...like pieces of meat. And the outfits are not suitable for children to see. They are not bathing suits and they are not at the public pool. The girls are dressed to give old men a thrill and they flirt for tips. And if they aren't "friendly enough", gain a few pounds, or aren't made up enough, they gt sent home. No, no they should not be any part of any youth group or event. They aren't a youth establishment (even if some trashy parents take kids there). I would never be ok with my kids being exposed to that without my permission. And I would say hell no.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:28 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
From the pictures and video in the article, the girls didn't seem to be dressed inappropriately, and they volunteered their time to a community organization. From Hooters standpoint, they extended an offer to the scouts and it was accepted, I think as a business that's a commitment to the community. Certainly the kids in the scouts were the beneficiaries of the generosity of a local business and the time of the volunteers, I'd be willing to bet they had a great time. I'd also be willing to bet there was no implied sexual overtones to the girls visit, that only seemed to be a problem by some of the parents.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:30 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Here I though Boy Scout camp was about fishing and hiking, not about getting your head massaged by boobies.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Hooters is a very sexist organization. If you have seen the inner workings, you will see they treat their servers like crap...like pieces of meat. And the outfits are not suitable for children to see. They are not bathing suits and they are not at the public pool. The girls are dressed to give old men a thrill and they flirt for tips. And if they aren't "friendly enough", gain a few pounds, or aren't made up enough, they gt sent home. No, no they should not be any part of any youth group or event. They aren't a youth establishment (even if some trashy parents take kids there). I would never be ok with my kids being exposed to that without my permission. And I would say hell no.
If you're so disgusted by Hooters, what were you doing there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events