Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 04:44 PM

509 posts, read 554,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
How dare Hooters give back to the community in which they operate...
The innocent boys being exposed to woman wearing shorts and t-shirts, maybe the hypocrites want to apply a morals test for those who want to help.
That is not their attire. More like super low cut and tight tanks with barely there short shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 04:49 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Look at post #50 and you will observe that the ladies are more than appropriately dressed.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:50 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Hmm, if it were me as a parent, I would have been like, cool.

Good for that Hooters chapter to step up and sponsor.

Parents Outraged to Learn a Local Hooters Sponsored Cub Scout Camp - ABC News
But gay scout leaders are politically correct?

Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Really? You think because a woman chooses to work at Hooters, she must be morally bankrupt?

And I doubt the hooter servers taught the children anything, they were probably just there to be recognized for their financial contribution and for a photo opt to hang in the restaurant to show how they help out in the community. Would you rather the Boy Scouts refused that money and made cuts to their summer program instead of exposing these boys to woman in t-shirts and jeans?
Businesses sponsor kids events to drill in brand recognition at an early age. Pizza places offer at cost pizza to preschools. Hooters sponsors this kid events to make Hooters look fun to kids so they ask their parents to go, and if the parents say no, to make it something they will try out as soon as possible. Its marketing to children and it isn't ok.

I don't think the women who work there are morally bankrupt...people who choose to let them sponsor a kids group lack a moral compass or at least the ability to understand others have different values and morals then they do.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:13 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Look at post #50 and you will observe that the ladies are more than appropriately dressed.
It has nothing to do with what they were wearing the day of the event. It is that it is marketing a booby bar to children. That is what sponsorship is about. I worked in marketing. It is marketing 101! Branding kids, so that the kids have brand recognition. If they really cared, the would have given money and not sent their hooters girls to get the interest of the kids.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:27 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,046,229 times
I remember we were in some hole-in-a-wall city on a holiday, and the only place that was open was "Hooters". The food was... OK, but about all I can say for the place is "I'm glad the floor wasn't sticky."

Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
It has nothing to do with what they were wearing the day of the event. It is that it is marketing a booby bar to children. That is what sponsorship is about. I worked in marketing. It is marketing 101! Branding kids, so that the kids have brand recognition. If they really cared, the would have given money and not sent their hooters girls to get the interest of the kids.
Yeah, and what company that sponsors *anything* does so without some sort of recognition?

"If they really cared". LMAO

Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
Quote:
I totally agree with all of your posts on this topic.

I have three grown sons....no way would I be happy with Hooter sponsorship. I mean, come on. We're supposed to be teaching our sons to value women, not objectify them. The restaurant is called Hooters, for goodness sake. My sons can certainly appreciate the female form, but they sure as heck wouldn't support exploiting it.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
JEESH!!! So on the one hand you're saying these girls are allowing themselves to be objectified, but on the other hand they don't have the goods to make the grade? Hmmmmm...........
I think young women have to go with life experiences before they realize the tips are not out weighing the dirty old men. I have seen better waitresses at Dennys.

Quote:
BTW- How did you like the wings?
Now those were good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Young men (at least the straight ones) will be looking at T&A anyways, all day, every day. I remember those days.

And, no offense, but women often seem meaner than guys when it comes to other women. You're ripping on these women for not being up to your apparent high standards of attractiveness, then ripping on these women for somehow leading these young men astray. You should be happy they are apparently so homely looking.

I haven't been to a Hooters, but don't get the big deal. If people want to go for chicken wings and ogle waitresses, don't get the issue. Bars/restaurants have hired attractive ladies (and men) for eons; Hooters is just upfront about it.
The problem there were no young men......all the men were 40 and above and the girls were barely 21. Not ripping on them, just calling as I see it, just because one is female doesn't mean she looks good in shorts........why do you think it is tough to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?

Some how I find it odd men looking at girls who very well could be their daughters or granddaughters, young men rarely go to these places, but old men do........I hated it when I was young and old men thought they could pick up on me.......might be a personal thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Nor am I. A pity that your words fall on some C-D folks deaf ears.

El Nox
LOL

I think it would have been better for the rodeo queen to make an appearance......I tend to lean toward women with talent, not connected to "how would you like your hot wings" while wearing a push up bra.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:10 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
For someone who said "I knew me speaking up this way would get personal insults against my parenting" your statements you make such as "people who choose to let them sponsor a kids group lack a moral compass" Gee I wonder why people take offense to your postings.

Whether you are a religious conservative or not I don't care but your posts ring like every one I have known. You take one incident that you don't approve of and from this the parents have poor morals, the kids now view woman as sex objects to be degraded, my guess is they are one step away from drug use and strip clubs in your eyes. Religious conservatives are so insecure about their influence on their children that anything that goes against what they believe must be prevented at all costs or they might be led astray.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events