U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:29 PM

15,883 posts, read 12,444,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What a bunch of heartless ghouls piling on a tragedy because it involved a gun.

I actually know someone that saved the life of themselves and their child from a felon because they had a gun.

I guess using this threads logic we could find someone murdered by a home invader that failed to protect themselves and mock them like many of the posters here are doing?

Sick, sick people.
It's an accountability issue. The father didn't put safety first, and the son paid with his life.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:31 PM

1,141 posts, read 929,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
People take their kids to the gun range all the time. This guy didn't kill his son on purpose. Was he stupid for not putting his gun down first then hunting around for the casing? yes. I think you people forget that the justice system doesn't need to punish this father in this case. He will live the rest of his life knowing what he did to his son. And I believe that is punishment enough.
NO.
You can't base justice system on emotions.
Then all murderers who kill and realize they did wrong would be punishment enough.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:33 PM

6,307 posts, read 7,133,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
NO.
You can't base justice system on emotions.
Isn't that exactly what you are doing though?

1,644 posts, read 1,974,102 times
Tragic. Accidents happen. Personally, I do not like guns. They are loud, dangerous, and the laws in NJ where I live make it very scary to even bring them to a range to practice. With that said, I fully support 2nd amendment. I own firearms. I own them to protect myself and my family if I ever need to. I also have insurance on my cars, house, health (which the govt says I have to have) extra food and water in case of emergency, generator, flashlights, kerosene heater, etc. As for guns, When seconds matter, police are minutes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I'm with you and surprised you're the only one to state the obvious. "Hey, I did a irresponsible thing and killed my kid, now give me money". I'd be so devastated and ashamed, I wouldn't take a penny from anyone who offered. Working harder to pay the costs for my dead child, would be part of the punishment I'd impose on myself.
Who knows, it could be elaborate plan (I know/hope it's not, but for the sake of discussion) to amass $$$$.
Nowadays, any tragedy brings in $$$$ from GoFundMe.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:34 PM

11,571 posts, read 17,501,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If what you are saying is true (and I seriously doubt it is true), then why does this thread even exist?

It is completely impossible to discuss a topic of gun violence without discussing guns.
Discuss gun handling safety - it's a good issue.
But that's not your agenda is it? Mods will get to this in time, essentially you are wasting space, because your comments, and probably mine, will be deleted.

Anyways for examples (go to last post in thread for mod comments):
LOCKED:
Mom shot dead by toddler while driving down the road
LOCKED:
Gun-loving mom shot by her 4yo while driving - Florida
LOCKED:
2 thugs attack a 65 yr old and his wife in Philly, thugs get shot
LOCKED:
Teen shoots family because he doesn't want to get up for school

Old 07-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Isn't that exactly what you are doing though?
I'm just hoping. I'm not giving punishments cause I can't.
If I were a judge, yes it counts but I'm not so I am really hoping that guy gets a long jail time and never allowed to own a firearm ever.
Anything less and it just proves that gun owners are letting go off easily without any serious consequences.
I expect the same thing if I shoot and kill someone innocent, accident or not.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:40 PM

7,596 posts, read 5,105,718 times
Quote:
I'm just hoping. I'm not giving punishments cause I can't.
If I were a judge, yes it counts but I'm not so I am really hoping that guy gets a long jail time and never allowed to own a firearm ever.
Anything less and it just proves that gun owners are letting go off easily without any serious consequences.
I expect the same thing if I shoot and kill someone innocent, accident or not.
That part I would agree with.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:46 PM

1,202 posts, read 747,259 times
Quote:
Who knows, it could be elaborate plan (I know/hope it's not, but for the sake of discussion) to amass $$$$.
Nowadays, any tragedy brings in $$$$ from GoFundMe.

Oh please you are just posting a bunch of stupid stuff. Your not the judge of what happens to this guy.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:47 PM

10,683 posts, read 17,029,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That part I would agree with.
I could list a case or two where criminals who violated federal firearms laws were not punished, for purposely doing what they did, that resulted in the deaths of others. If criminals aren't punished, why punish the negligent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or