Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times

Advertisements

A cautionary tale. May others heed its message. I feel just terrible for the boy and hope for recovery of his eyesight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
It's normal to do stupid things when you're young. Most of us never do any harm to ourselves or others - countless people chance death their entire lives. But this person wasn't so lucky.

Hope he recovers.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:28 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
What does not being "shocked and surprised" have to do with it? Are you really so self-absorbed that you believe any of your neighbors who truly need sleep should pay for four friggin nights in a hotel, and if they have pets, pay boarding fees as well?! That seems reasonable to you? All of this despite the fact that the fireworks are illegal or violate HOA covenants to begin with?

Is there any other scenario in which your neighbors' noise driving you out of your home for four nights in a row would be acceptable to YOU?

You can't even be serious.
Does the subdivision have the power to fine or jail violators?

State law trumps HOA regulations. There are no laws against fireworks. If the county wanted to outlaw fireworks, they would need special provision from the State legislature.

I am in an unincorporated area of Harris County Texas. The fireworks shooters would need to caught in the act. When the LEO car came, they would run in between the houses and hide until the cops left. Nobody can do anything if the fireworks people are up all night, hitting my house with the fireworks. if I called the HCSO they would come out and play with the fireworks.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 PM

638 posts, read 977,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
So, I should have to sedate three of my dogs EVERY NIGHT for nearly 4 weeks because knuckle dragging rednecks think it is cool to pizz away money on momentary gratifications that disturb every single reasonable person around them??

oh wait... with New Years, that makes eight weeks.... except that the cold weather will keep most of them indoors except for little forays every now and again...
Your name should be "NeverBeenInvitedToAParty"

Old 07-06-2016, 01:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
I am in Jefferson County and have owned this house for 12 years and had another one for 7 years prior to this one.... so yes, I am QUITE familiar with the timelines.....

and technically, you may be right because the idjyits don't typically spend as much time outdoors in December and January..... but trust me, those stands are still open and doing a brisk business in those weeks, too......
Well there's your problem, you live in Jefferson County.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Anyway... I'm gonna post a video on New Year's of the annual neighborhood fireworks show.

Awesome, I love fireworks.

ETA: And by that I mean watching fireworks, since you seem to have the idea in your head that I'm out shooting off fireworks 24/7.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Your name should be "NeverBeenInvitedToAParty"
LOL..... If only.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Well there's your problem, you live in Jefferson County.
do I detect a bit of snobbery in your post??

Old 07-06-2016, 01:36 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
Morons all around, but I can't help but feel for the kid looking like that in the pic.

/parent issues

Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
do I detect a bit of snobbery in your post??
No.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:25 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
I feel horrible for the boy, wasn't his fault at all yet he's the one who got severely burned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Given how some people do not know what "do not swim" means, they probably do need to have a 1000 page list of things not to do with sparklers.
Back in high school I was having a pool party one night and we were lighting off fireworks and sparklers, and. A few of the guys would light a few together at a time. And right after they went out one of my friends smacked the back of his neck with the sparklers. Nasty burn on his neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events