U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 11:54 AM

1,509 posts, read 928,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
They are obviously adept and practiced, at baiting property owners. One wonders if they weren't trying to win a form of Ghetto Jackpot.
They are not adept at baiting property owners. Rather, they are adept at baiting idiots.

This time, they analyzed the situation correctly, realized that the idiot in question was not going to use the weapon given the circumstances. They then called his bluff and taunted him. Even more hillarious, they caught it on film and the idiot's career is gone.

What the youths need to realize is that there are alot of other idiots with guns in inner city DC who would be more than willing to use a weapon against somebody taunting them.

In short, baiting armed idiots is dangerous. The youths may well lose the next contest. The fact that the shooter may go to prison might not matter to them much to them if they are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,499,802 times
Quote:
The primary lesson I take from this, is that Mr. Ohanessian is wearing a short-sleeved teeshirt - and looks horrible in that rag. Short-sleeved tees are for people whose body fat deposits are in flattering places, like shoulders, arms, chest... Short-sleeved tees look HORRIBLE on us Semites. There is not a short-sleeved tee in this house, except when our sons' blonde girlfriends wear them in.

Mr. Ohanessian's shorts are OK (at least the pleating adds a bit of 'flou', disguising the undersized thighs, relative to the oversized pelvic bone), although, again, the classic wide pelvis is better masked by cargo shorts. And it's a CARDINAL SIN, for a narrow-shouldered, wide-hipped man, to wear a shirt darker than his pants. Makes him look femmy and pear-shaped.

As for the situation... It' a pity he didn't quietly and discreetly just take the trash OUT, without making a fuss. Don't people in his position have advanced training, and equipment, for that sort of thing?

It seems he had EVERY reason to believe that this scum posed a physical threat, and so he had EVERY RIGHT to demonstrate a willingness and ability to use lethal force against them. It would have really been a service to humanity, to remove that filth from the face of the Earth. They are obviously adept and practiced, at baiting property owners. One wonders if they weren't trying to win a form of Ghetto Jackpot. And they very well MAY sue for damages. It would be nice if they had accidents before that could happen...
Are you serious? Are you George Zimmerman? There is nothing to suggest he felt there was a credible threat, and if there was, why go out there and inject himself into it. "Baiting " property owners is not a crime, and there is zero evidence they were actually doing that. Assuming you actually believe what you wrote, you will likely end up in jail soon anyway, so yeah, the trash will be taken out. the use of deadly force comes with significant personal responsibility and a high bar for proof.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:16 PM

18,143 posts, read 9,942,635 times
Quote:
The primary lesson I take from this, is that Mr. Ohanessian is wearing a short-sleeved teeshirt - and looks horrible in that rag. Short-sleeved tees are for people whose body fat deposits are in flattering places, like shoulders, arms, chest... Short-sleeved tees look HORRIBLE on us Semites. There is not a short-sleeved tee in this house, except when our sons' blonde girlfriends wear them in.

Mr. Ohanessian's shorts are OK (at least the pleating adds a bit of 'flou', disguising the undersized thighs, relative to the oversized pelvic bone), although, again, the classic wide pelvis is better masked by cargo shorts. And it's a CARDINAL SIN, for a narrow-shouldered, wide-hipped man, to wear a shirt darker than his pants. Makes him look femmy and pear-shaped.

As for the situation... It' a pity he didn't quietly and discreetly just take the trash OUT, without making a fuss. Don't people in his position have advanced training, and equipment, for that sort of thing?

It seems he had EVERY reason to believe that this scum posed a physical threat, and so he had EVERY RIGHT to demonstrate a willingness and ability to use lethal force against them. It would have really been a service to humanity, to remove that filth from the face of the Earth. They are obviously adept and practiced, at baiting property owners. One wonders if they weren't trying to win a form of Ghetto Jackpot. And they very well MAY sue for damages. It would be nice if they had accidents before that could happen...

_________
PS: Upon further reflection (and closer review of the photos), it seems I am ever so wrong! Mr. Ohanessian is already wearing cargo shorts, rather than pleated walk shorts. And truly: this man's body is even worse than I'd originally realized. Doesn't look like he even TRIES to turn that pear-shape into an 'hourglass'.
I call a Poe!

I was first. I get a prize, right?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:21 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,316,145 times
Guns are America's big sickness right now, it's worse than heroin or diabetes here. Loud & drunk youths need to be confronted with a gun & not a quick call to the police?

This dangerous armed jerk is standing on a public sidewalk but is claiming it is his "private property"? He needs to be arrested, and certainly fired from any public office, he isn't fit.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:23 PM

1,509 posts, read 928,220 times
Quote:
It seems he had EVERY reason to believe that this scum posed a physical threat, and so he had EVERY RIGHT to demonstrate a willingness and ability to use lethal force against them.
The youths, though insolent, did not pose a threat and were in the act of leaving the area when confronted by the moron.

Reaching for a pistol and then launching a social cleansing campaign against people one deems to be "undesirable" is a receipe for trouble. My guess is that this moron was doing just that.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 PM

16,813 posts, read 9,537,108 times
The gentleman (pun intended) is standing on a public sidewalk adjacent to his house which is an easement granted to townships and clearly NOT his property yelling that he can shoot the ****out of them without repercussions because he's inconvenienced by their behaviour and he's on his own property. What I can only assume is his idiotic and completely incorrect interpretation of merged 'stand your ground' and 'castle doctrine' laws.

If he weren't white and a "senior Navy advisor" he'd already be sitting in a cage as he would be in any other first tier country regardless.

Someone postulated the best defence was a firearm, while I would submit that the 'priority one' defence tool be a functional brain with a firearm doing more harm than good to your own situation should you not have that brain working for you.

Whatever advisory capacity this guy offers to the Navy; I certainly hope it does not involve anything of import beyond what colour they should paint the officer's mess. Guy's an irresponsible and dangerous putz.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 PM

7,198 posts, read 7,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Why didn't he just phone the police like any normal person and not esculate the situation by confronting the youths.

It's not worth being killed or injured over or killing or injuring someone else over and it's not worth losing your job over, let the police take the flack, it's what they are paid to do.
This^^^
When My Grandfather first taught me how to shoot the first thing he taught me is, "If you pull a gun on a Fellow Human Being, you better make damn sure its life or death and Shoot to kill"
This clown gives us gun owners a bad name

Old 07-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
3,691 posts, read 2,658,257 times
omg. Embarrassing for us Navy vets. I hope the Commander in Chief fires this man.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:23 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
3,691 posts, read 2,658,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This^^^
When My Grandfather first taught me how to shoot the first thing he taught me is, "If you pull a gun on a Fellow Human Being, you better make damn sure its life or death and Shoot to kill"
This clown gives us gun owners a bad name
Indeed. I do not own a gun and am not a gun enthusiast, but I was in the US Navy. I stood armed watches topside when the submarine was in port, and this was my training as well. We were trained not to draw that weapon unless we intended to discharge it immediately.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:07 PM

5,502 posts, read 6,454,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
The youths, though insolent, did not pose a threat and were in the act of leaving the area when confronted by the moron.

Reaching for a pistol and then launching a social cleansing campaign against people one deems to be "undesirable" is a receipe for trouble. My guess is that this moron was doing just that.
Yeah, nothing I have seen regarding this incident indicates that the kids were an immediate threat. This is a case of an overly egotistical, pretentious, arrogant individual having a serious lapse of judgement. He thinks too much of himself and believes that no one should be allowed to do anything that disturbs him. Even if the kids were intoxicated, loud and disorderly, it doesn't amount to something that requires him to brandish a weapon. If the kids were causing a disturbance he should have let the cops handle it.

People like him are what give the rest of us a problem. Most of us who are often/regularly armed and reasonable people choose to attempt to avoid situations that would require the use of a weapon. If avoidance is not possible, the next step is to attempt to de-escalate the situation if at all possible.

Quote:
Verbal Judo teaches a philosophy of how to look creatively at conflict, offering specific, powerful, and usable strategies to resolve tense situations. The presentation is geared primarily but not exclusively, to law enforcement situations. You will learn to respond to situations, rather than react to personal feelings, understanding how to deal with difficult people using conflict management tactics to defuse confrontational encounters.

Verbal Judo

Especially for those of us without badges, drawing one's weapon should be the next to the last resort, when no other options are immediately available. And if you have to pull the trigger, you are likely to find yourself in the middle of a giant crapstorm, no matter how justified you may have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or