U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:50 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,962,771 times

Advertisements

he has poor judgement, people like him cause unnecessary shootings , it's like road rage, except on his front lawn instead of the highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 PM

1,509 posts, read 925,146 times
Hot of the Presses, this just in....

It looks like the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Environment, "weaponeer" is sinking after being hit broadsides with three criminal charges:

Navy official Karnig Ohannessian to be charged for waving gun at young men - CBS News

My guess is that attractive plea bargains resulting in guilty pleas to token charges and a few hours of community service picking up litter will not be forthcoming. Rather, this guy is going to serve as an example to others.

Last edited by Cryptic; 07-19-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 02:30 PM

18,054 posts, read 9,904,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Hot of the Presses, this just in....

It looks like the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Environment, "weaponeer" is sinking after being hit broadsides with three criminal charges:

Navy official Karnig Ohannessian to be charged for waving gun at young men - CBS News

My guess is that attractive plea bargains resulting in guilty pleas to token charges and a few hours of community service picking up litter will not be forthcoming. Rather, this guy is going to serve as an example to others.
Said the Navy, "Mr Ohannessian's supervisor...."

That would be the Secretary of the Navy.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:16 PM

1,509 posts, read 925,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Said the Navy, "Mr Ohannessian's supervisor...."

That would be the Secretary of the Navy.
My guess is that the Secretary of the Navy is not going to wait for a formal conviction before torpedoing the weaponeer's career. He is already on home leave. Soon, he will be packing up his stuff- and I bet this guy has a huge "I love me wall" that will need to be dismantled.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:58 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,607,791 times
This made the scrawl on the local news this morning.

I am sure he will not get jail time but this will cost him money and probably his career.

He showed poor judgement and I am just happy nobody was hurt. If he did not have a gun at hand he would still have a job.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 AM

8,915 posts, read 4,860,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This made the scrawl on the local news this morning.

I am sure he will not get jail time but this will cost him money and probably his career.

He showed poor judgement and I am just happy nobody was hurt. If he did not have a gun at hand he would still have a job.
Does he even have a "career"?

Isn't he just a civilian manager who will probably find another job as an executive/manager someplace else?

I don't think he's actually "Navy", is he, where a bad mistake would stop one's advancement.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Does he even have a "career"?

Isn't he just a civilian manager who will probably find another job as an executive/manager someplace else?

I don't think he's actually "Navy", is he, where a bad mistake would stop one's advancement.
He's an appointed civilian. He'll find another job and keep his house in the 1% burbs.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:36 AM

1,166 posts, read 506,964 times
Being white and upper middle class has its privileges. He will most likely not do any time in jail for pointing a gun at people and threatening to shoot them. If you are black and poor, you can get the death penalty for a broken taillight. Our justice system is a sick joke and I can see why people are fed up and taking their frustrations out on the police.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Our justice system is a sick joke and I can see why people are fed up and taking their frustrations out on the police.
It's not a justice system, it's a law-and-order system. There is a difference.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:37 AM

2,687 posts, read 764,085 times
Regardless of what or why, those kids are a special kind of stupid. Hanging around and videoing the crazy guy with a gun was never on my multiple choice list as a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or