U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,372,463 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of cities who have passed this ordinance. Making it law in town is one thing. Enforcing it is another. The city where my step daughter lived in Georgia passed this several years ago. She works in an attorney's office and, after curiosity, found out after this law was passed over 10 years ago, there have been around half a dozen ticketed for this, and that was just after it became law. Nothing since. I believe it will be that way anywhere that passes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,424,991 times
While I think this [alleged] 'style' is one of the dumbest things ever, and people who wear their pants this way look like idiots, there should not be 'laws' against it. (I'm 'conservative' to a point just short of total anarchy.) If you try to outlaw 'stupid' a great deal of the population would be in jail...outlaw 'bad taste' and there won't be enough free people to pay enough taxes to run the government...or the prisons. (But the unemployment rate might be next to nothing.)

That said, things like this tick me off enough that if I lived closer I'd go there and do just to bug them...better yet, recruit a whole big bunch of people to go and do it with me...preferably right in front of the local gov offices...and if there were enough of us I'd suggest taking it one step further and mooning them outright.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:13 PM

1,589 posts, read 767,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
but having anybody figure out the reason why in public they do this.
They do it either because (1) they are too stupid to know how to pull up their pants or (2) they want to show everyone how little respect they have for others.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times
its a trend people-- just a trend- just like few years ago- gals thought it was great to run around in P.J. pants -- now its spanks -- who cares!!!!!

Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 PM

564 posts, read 260,696 times
It's just a "kid" thing. Nothing new, by the way, Stringbean having dressed thusly over 60 years ago as a bluegrass entertainer!

Now more amusing is the thought of millions of octogenarian great grammas roaming free with their faded, blurry tattoos peaking out from the rolls of fat accumulated over a half a century. lmao.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 PM

1,589 posts, read 767,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
its a trend people-- just a trend- just like few years ago- gals thought it was great to run around in P.J. pants -- now its spanks -- who cares!!!!!
A trend? They've been doing this for at least 20-30 years now. There are 30+ year old men who have been doing this since they were teenagers and they still don't pull their pants up. They were doing this when I was in high school and it's never stopped.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:51 PM

20,861 posts, read 22,433,523 times
Remember this guy from 2010 American Idol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUjD7mTG-w

Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 PM

423 posts, read 295,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
lets criminalize more non violent people making it impossible to hold REAL violent criminals in prison long term.

so much for the conservatives wanting LESS government intrusion into citizens lives

You obviously didn't bother to read. The ordinance does not punish with prison time but fines and other legal punishment.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:18 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
You obviously didn't bother to read. The ordinance does not punish with prison time but fines and other legal punishment.
All that takes money to implement. Unless you are indecent showing skin, this is ridiculous. It changes nothing!

Old 07-08-2016, 09:23 PM

7,178 posts, read 4,632,035 times
I don't see that law being enforced all that much though. That is a really small town with only a hand full cops. They will just wear their oversize shirts over the sagging pants, or pull them up temporary when they see a cop. I don't see them having the man power to really enforce this, and the kids most likely will just ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or