U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 10:59 PM

865 posts, read 398,941 times

Advertisements

There was a movie about this. Kids would get together in secret and wear their baggy, low slung pants with more than half their underwear showing. Needless to say this led to a lot of shenanigans and the townspeople were in an uproar.

What was the name of that movie dammit?

Flashpants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 07:50 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,566,712 times
Carolina. Say no more.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:11 AM

4,241 posts, read 1,464,068 times
If itll get people to quit transplanting here, ill take it!

Old 07-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 8 days ago)

3,922 posts, read 3,183,953 times
Now if we could just get the rest of South Carolina to follow suit. Sadly most large cities and medium sized suburbs are Democratic run and they would never alienate part of their voter base to pass such a ban.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:35 PM

17,158 posts, read 22,167,733 times
here's the issue,,,,its not just that its stupid looking ...I don't think that's it,,,

if these pants are down to your thighs then whats covering your privates???
what if a guy is going commando with just a t shirt flapping in the wind covering his junk??? sound dumb??

yep it does,,,, but if a guy can be on a sex offender list for peeing in the woods too close to a school then these kids walking around with their pants pulled down .... should be just as offensive if not more

Old 07-09-2016, 03:02 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,636,104 times
Sagging pants was an issue I had to deal with, when my boys were in high school. Sagging pants and no belt was against the school dress code. Many school morning, I had to stop them in their track to question them about no belt. I would never buy them anything way oversize. Pier pressure was my biggest enemy, because that's how the cool kids wear their pants.

I personally never liked that look, especially looking at some guys underwear while standing in a checkout line. However, I know I couldn't worry about other people kids, I could only worry about my own. My boys are 23 and 27 years old now, and they don't wear the sagging pants or anything extreme. They are free to wear what they want these days, because they are grown with kids of their own . If they still was into that look today, I couldn't anything about.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:20 PM

11,356 posts, read 6,424,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Now if we could just get the rest of South Carolina to follow suit. Sadly most large cities and medium sized suburbs are Democratic run and they would never alienate part of their voter base to pass such a ban.
They would probably sag in an attempt at endearing themselves to blacks...kinda like Hillary and her hot sauce.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:24 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,363,321 times
Good to see gov't wasting time and money on such important issues.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:16 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
They're just trying to keep trash out of their town (regardless of color)...... Can't blame them. No successful person I've ever met dresses like that (unless their employment position dictates that they act and dress in a way that relates to the lower class for one reason or another).

Old 07-09-2016, 08:28 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,636,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
They're just trying to keep trash out of their town (regardless of color)...... Can't blame them. No successful person I've ever met dresses like that (unless their employment position dictates that they act and dress in a way that relates to the lower class for one reason or another).
Wrong words and tone here, some very bright kids from middle class families have the same problem with the sagging pants. Lets not put people down here, it's not about that. Some of these kids have hard working good parents who tell them the right things to do. They just can't be with them 24/7 when they have to work or the kids are at school. Many of them grow out of that phase, they understand in small southern towns, that people prefer them to have the pants up if they want a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or