U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:54 PM

4,250 posts, read 3,319,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Four people were arrested after a 30-person brawl erupted at a New York Wal-Mart, allegedly over an insult about a woman's dress, authorities said.
Gates Police Chief Jim VanBrederode said the fight started around 7 p.m. Sunday after two 17-year-olds made fun of a dress worn by a 24-year-old woman. He said the altercation quickly escalated into a melee.
Peach-Tossing Fight in NYC Grocery Store Caught on Cam
The chief said people went into the sporting goods section of the store and grabbed baseball bats to use in the fight. Video posted to Facebook captured the brawl; at one point, a flying trash can is seen entering the frame from the left side and crashing onto the floor.

Only at Wal-Mart Personally I won't shop there.

Shoppers Throw Cans, Use Baseball Bats in Melee at Upstate NY Wal-Mart | NBC New York
Why am I not surprised?

Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 PM

2,133 posts, read 865,072 times
Lack of impulse and emotional control.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:26 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,402,415 times
I was really excited when I first saw this story as I thought to myself this is pure american entertainment right here and settled in with the popcorn. While I appreciate the brawl, I was pretty dissapointed that it was so mild and tame. I was expecting more carnage and destruction. They could have taken it over to the produce section or the entertainment section for more effect. I mean, come on. I've seen better walmart fights. Where do you have to go to see a good brawl now a days? If you're going to be a youtube star, you need to go all the way. Half a** amateur wannabes right here.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 PM

14,981 posts, read 16,561,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
thanks. the first video was worthless

At least in this video you can see what part of NYC they are in. But it seems more like the person taking the video was filming the police and the walmart employee than on filming any of the action.

This would never happen in any walmart I would go to.
I watched the video but could not see what part of New York City they were in. Especially considering there is no Walmart in New York City.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 PM

7,337 posts, read 8,992,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Was the brawl Jerry Springer worthy?
Jerry seems to be taking an almost-clinical approach to this brawl. "Will this fight improve my ratings? Not sure--it might not be violent enough...."

Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 819,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
thanks. the first video was worthless

At least in this video you can see what part of NYC they are in. But it seems more like the person taking the video was filming the police and the walmart employee than on filming any of the action.

This would never happen in any walmart I would go to.
It happened up near Rochester, NY

Old 07-06-2016, 09:33 PM

4,598 posts, read 3,753,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Four people were arrested after a 30-person brawl erupted at a New York Wal-Mart, allegedly over an insult about a woman's dress, authorities said.
Gates Police Chief Jim VanBrederode said the fight started around 7 p.m. Sunday after two 17-year-olds made fun of a dress worn by a 24-year-old woman. He said the altercation quickly escalated into a melee.
Peach-Tossing Fight in NYC Grocery Store Caught on Cam
The chief said people went into the sporting goods section of the store and grabbed baseball bats to use in the fight. Video posted to Facebook captured the brawl; at one point, a flying trash can is seen entering the frame from the left side and crashing onto the floor.

Shoppers Throw Cans, Use Baseball Bats in Melee at Upstate NY Wal-Mart | NBC New York
These stories make my day, and it is the only reason I shop there...LOL. To this day I have yet to see a Walmart brawl firsthand. The only real disappointment is that it didn't happen in Florida because for some reason I automatically think Florida when I see these types of stories.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:21 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,438,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Gates, NY is far from NYC, at least a 5+ hour drive. It's outside of Rochester.
thanks

I worked two miles from there, and lived one mile from there 1985-1987. I do not recall the name Gates ever being used to describe it. It was a pretty nice suburban area at that time. And at the time Rochester NY had the highest percentage of people with advanced degrees of any city in the US. I see from Zillow that housing prices in that area are very cheap now. The demise of Kodak and Xerox have not been kind to the Rochester area.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:20 AM

2,556 posts, read 1,629,211 times
You have to understand, these poor citizens are still coping with the emotional trauma of Ferguson, Baltimore, Travon Martin, Rodney King, etc, etc.

I know what you privileged white folks are thinking. We have Justin Bieber and the Kardashians, yet you don't see us swinging bats in Wal Mart!
Based on those two examples, maybe we should.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:56 AM

30,489 posts, read 9,116,959 times
[quote=Jimmyp25;44663624].....

......[QUOTE

Dontcha just love snobs? Only at Walmart? Behold....Target:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_S87onsbcDo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or