Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 07:15 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,196,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Hmmm. You may be right. I will check it out.
I think its a great way to welcome the community!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 07:42 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,474,166 times
Well!!!!! It's taken the UK by storm and quite literally.......

..... On the second day of it being released, my mate and I were on the London Underground and whilst he was " catching one " the phone goes into camera mode ( hope you know what I mean lol ) he starts moving the phone all over the place......

And all of a sudden a woman in front of us starts screaming at him........ " YOU DIRTY ****!!!...... "........ She thought he was trying to take a picture of up her skirt!!!!! LMAO!

Old 07-16-2016, 07:54 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,352,969 times
Is it true that Google translate converts 'Pokeman Go' to 'The Pied Piper'?

Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,337,478 times
I was thinking something like this was going to happen ..

Officials: Man shoots at ‘Pokemon Go’ players outside house

Old 07-17-2016, 05:51 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,735,698 times
Ya really cant blame the guy!!! -- All these zombies around his house!!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,196,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I was thinking something like this was going to happen ..

Officials: Man shoots at ‘Pokemon Go’ players outside house
Quote:
Flagler County Sheriff’s Office spokesman James Troiano says in a news release that the homeowner awoke to a noise outside about 1:30 a.m. Saturday and saw a car sitting in the road in front of his house. He told authorities he got a handgun and approached the vehicle.

So they are on a public road, not hurting anyone and this guy fires shots at them?

Old 07-17-2016, 06:51 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,886,215 times
I'm just amazed by how quickly this game has taken over. I've never seen a fad gain traction so quickly. One day I was living my boring life, the next day all I hear all over the internet and in real life is Pokemon Go and how great it is. It caught on a lot faster than the original game itself.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:14 AM

26,958 posts, read 13,205,998 times
There's something quite sad about watching grown men walking around aimlessly trying to find virtual creatures on thir phones.

Is this where society is heading, with metrosexuals geeks using thir phones to do battle.

I think it's time people grew up.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,313,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
It may not be perfect, but Nintendo's done some cool things to make video games more active. They had the first floor pad, they made the Wii...now they've got Pokemon Go. I think it's great.

I haven't played it yet, and likely won't, but I'm glad it's getting children outside again and playing together. If they need the electronic pacifier to do so...fine. Hell, as a kid we hunted all kinds of imaginary beings. Robbers, Pirates, Looked for Treasure, Looked for clues to solve a mystery etc.
^^^ This!

Since the advent of video games, I don't think I've ever seen so many young people outside as I do now with this particular game. I even see adults having conversations with other adults.

This game has brought back socializing and interacting with others on a face to face basis instead of anonymously on a computer.

it is seriously sad when something fun has to be painted in a negative manner.

My two oldest grandkids play the game. On our 2 day trip back to my house we stayed overnight at a hotel. I walked with them around the hotel area outside, after dark, to keep them safe. We encountered other older teens in groups doing the same thing. It was fun.

I don't play but it even got me out and interacting with others. Every rest stop there were adults and youngsters playing. I had a lovely conversation with an adult player with whom I would not have had a conversation otherwise. She was very nice. It brings community and humanity back together.

The kids know not to talk to strangers and to be aware of their surroundings. And you can definitely tell who is actually playing the game.

For those who don't know the game, you 'capture' characters and you even get eggs that need 'hatching'. In order to hatch those eggs, the person has to walk so many kilometers. The 'game' keeps track of how many steps you take. Kind of like a Fitbit but more entertaining since you can capture more characters on your quest to hatch those eggs.

I don't see it as a bad thing at all. Then again, I'm one of those that think that we live only one life and to live it in a way that you enjoy. To not try to control what others do, if someone is doing something that irritates...remove myself from their proximity. I don't expect or want someone else to create a new rule or law just because it is bugging me.

Ugh...I got on another rant. My apologies.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:53 AM

25 posts, read 22,672 times
https://vimeo.com/174821377

Lots of unattended vehicles. The GTA fans would love this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events