Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm not deflecting, I'm serious. The bleeding heart mentality is why we can't and won't defeat ISIS. Had it prevailed during WW2 we'd all be speaking German and Japanese today.
Yes, you are. Now you're bringing ISIS into it. You go off subject because you can't admit this was way over the top on the part of the Walmart employees.

I'm no bleeding heart when it comes to people getting welfare, EBT, while popping out kids on my dime.

This was nothing more than 3 morons given a little power, as I said earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Scientist View Post
The next time someone is caught speeding, I think summary execution is warranted. Those people have a reckless disregard for the safety of other by not obeying our traffic laws. I think people's hands should be cut off for texting while driving. Transport us back to the dark ages please or institute sharia law. I don't care which it is as long as the punishment for crimes FAR EXCEEDS said crimes.

/sarcasm

Old 08-02-2016, 11:47 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Some people seem to be overlooking the obvious:

Breaking the law is bad.

Overreacting to a criminal act is bad.

Neither should be excused without some major extenuating circumstances, neither of which were apparent in this case.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:15 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Why would you want to try to take down a shoplifter when you work for a company that treats employees like garbage and probably making min wage? Not to mention the fact that any given shoplifter could be armed with a gun or knife. You don't know what you are getting into. Would you want to die yourself trying to save merchandise for a store that you have no financial interest in? You work at Walmart! You still get your measly paycheck regardless of whether this guy steals some dvds

Old 08-02-2016, 01:20 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
If he didn't steal he'd alive. Don't feel sorry for the dead guy.
It doesn't matter what he did. Nobody deserves to die in custody of any type, especially over some DVDS. The man at least deserved his day in court.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:27 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Anyone who thinks it's okay to kill someone for stealing DVDs is an idiot

Old 08-02-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Again, a shoplifter does not necessarily have to leave the building with merchandise to have committed a crime. This man WAS attempting theft, the fact that he was unsuccessful doesn't make him innocent.

Shoplifting doesn't deserve death, but what is with trying to excuse this behavior because the guy was old, poor, drunk, or committing a crime against 'the rich'? Would any of you have the same level of compassion or understanding if you were the victim of his theft, rather that a 'souless' corporation?
I sure as hell wouldn't have manhandled him over some bu##t A%% DVDs.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Except the DVDs did not leave the store with the man, so nothing was stolen.
and sadly he's dead.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:56 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A guy dies while trying to steal from a store and the government puts the security officers in jail. No wonder tge whole liberal world is in the crapper.
I don't think I've ever heard of someone breaking 15 ribs tripping and falling. Maybe if you fell out of a skyscraper but not tripping and falling. More likely they kicked the crap out of the guy when he was down, which yes they should be arrested and charged for. Tripped and fell and hit his head on a curb running, fine. You can't just go around beating people to death for robbing when you catch them though, which is really the only way I can see how someone would end up with 15 broken ribs.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Why would you want to try to take down a shoplifter when you work for a company that treats employees like garbage and probably making min wage? Not to mention the fact that any given shoplifter could be armed with a gun or knife. You don't know what you are getting into. Would you want to die yourself trying to save merchandise for a store that you have no financial interest in? You work at Walmart! You still get your measly paycheck regardless of whether this guy steals some dvds
Because they view themselves as having the power as if they worked for the FBI.

You're looking at it from a logical point of view. These types think I can stop people, I have power, I'm here to prevent crime and take them down if I have to. They actually hope the opportunity does arise. It makes them feel empowered and others will view them as a hero.

A logical person would think this isn't the best company to work for, and I'm not risking my personal safety over some stolen merchandise that Walmart will write off.

See the difference?

George Zimmerman had the same mentality, and worked in loss prevention for a retail store in FL. He was told not to go after a suspected shoplifter, but ignored that and tackled the guy in the parking lot. Well we know how well he listens, he was told by 911 that night after saying he would follow the suspect "we don't need you do that", again did it anyway.

They're most likely people who want to be cops, Zimmerman was turned by 3 different FL police depts.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
If he didn't steal he'd alive. Don't feel sorry for the dead guy.
Shoplifting deserves the death penalty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events