Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:10 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,282,586 times

Advertisements

Two words: Horn Dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 PM

8,429 posts, read 6,816,094 times
He seems to fit the profile of certain older single white guys around the world. Not a lot of social skills. Probably has failed marriages or relationships. Has a fantasy of taking advantage of a naïve submissive Asian women in her teens or early teens from some economically distressed area of the world. A lot of these women are anything but naïve or submissive.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:05 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
That actually happened to an Indian friend of mine living here. He got married (arranged marriage. Still very common) in India & sponsored his wife's immigration to move to usa. When she arrived here at the airport, she said that the only reason she agreed to marry him was she wanted to move to usa to be with her boyfriend who had moved to usa few yrs back. But his legal status, income was insufficient for him to sponsor her. So she got into an arranged marriage to reunite with her bf in usa. She left the airport with her boyfriend & filed for divorce.
The green card for the bride is conditional and is only permanent after staying married for 2 years. Leaving the husband for boyfriend and filing for divorce after arriving in USA won't cut it with the immigration service. She would be deported to India and her boyfriend would likely be too, if he was involved in the scam.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:15 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,009,457 times
Bless his heart...

Old 08-05-2016, 05:31 AM

88,286 posts, read 84,276,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
He does look scary and creepy
None of us would look too pretty after sitting in an airport for ten days.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:48 AM

88,286 posts, read 84,276,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
He seems to fit the profile of certain older single white guys around the world. Not a lot of social skills. Probably has failed marriages or relationships. Has a fantasy of taking advantage of a naïve submissive Asian women in her teens or early teens from some economically distressed area of the world. A lot of these women are anything but naïve or submissive.
Yup, I know one. He was married when young and had kids, then got divorced. Moved to Taiwan and met and married an Asian girl, the love of his life, and she died of cancer after only a few years. Then he met another Asian girl, younger, online, brought her here, married her, and when time was up she divorced him and married her real boyfriend. He is very religious and socially odd.

It's not just men. When my dd was little I befriended one of her classmate's moms. Nice woman, but dumb as a houseplant and not attractive at all. Overweight, big nose, buck teeth. Had been married twice already, last one was in jail. I meet her then-current husband and knew immediately something was wrong. He was this drop-dead gorgeous man with a rock-hard body. From Costa Rica.

And when his real fiance was able to enter the country from Costa Rica, he told his wife exactly why he had married her, said he would pay all the divorce expenses, and was gone.

Sadly, this woman went on to date more losers but never married again. She was always desperate to get married, though, as if that was all that would ever make her be of value.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:18 AM

887 posts, read 1,209,946 times
Yeah. I learned my lesson. Now I have the money to get into it again thanks to an email from some guys from Zanzibar that left me 96.8 million from an long lost uncles diamond mine.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:38 AM

17,149 posts, read 21,822,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
Yeah. I learned my lesson. Now I have the money to get into it again thanks to an email from some guys from Zanzibar that left me 96.8 million from an long lost uncles diamond mine.
Well you and I are both going to be rich since I got that same email! My uncle's mine must have been bigger since it was worth 98.6 million!

Old 08-05-2016, 06:40 AM

17,149 posts, read 21,822,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Funny, I just thought of this...I have had many friends in various states of the US in my life and never once did I have a friend named Smith.
I have two neighbors both named Smith...they are unrelated. My buddy has two neighbors named Smith and they are twin brothers and live 2 houses apart.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:21 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Funny, I just thought of this...I have had many friends in various states of the US in my life and never once did I have a friend named Smith.
Smith used to be the most common last name / surname in UK until it was overtaken by Patel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events