Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:10 PM

430 posts, read 288,333 times

Advertisements

I agree with the above posts to stop serving alcohol in the Airports and the Aircraft. Too much potential for douchebagery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:30 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,437,626 times
Teckeee.

Try that on a flight in Canada, and you will be arrested as soon as the plane is on the ground, not even at the gate. Aircraft here have made diversions to an airport, to remove a problem passenger to the waiting arms of the Police. In Canada, that kind of action by a passenger is a serious criminal code offence, and upon conviction, the sentence can be as much as 5 years in prison.

here are a few recent Canadian news stories to back up what I wrote.

Air Canada flight to Delhi diverted back to Toronto after flight attendant assaulted | CTV News

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...passenger.html

Two women face charges after Sunwing flight diverted back to Toronto | Globalnews.ca

WATCH VIDEO: Arrest of

In each case the persons involved were charged and prosecuted in Canada.

Things are different here. We don't let that sort of thing go unpunished .

JiM B.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,838,163 times
What a surprise, alcohol.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Teckeee.

Try that on a flight in Canada, and you will be arrested as soon as the plane is on the ground, not even at the gate. Aircraft here have made diversions to an airport, to remove a problem passenger to the waiting arms of the Police. In Canada, that kind of action by a passenger is a serious criminal code offence, and upon conviction, the sentence can be as much as 5 years in prison.

here are a few recent Canadian news stories to back up what I wrote.

Air Canada flight to Delhi diverted back to Toronto after flight attendant assaulted | CTV News

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...passenger.html

Two women face charges after Sunwing flight diverted back to Toronto | Globalnews.ca

WATCH VIDEO: Arrest of

In each case the persons involved were charged and prosecuted in Canada.

Things are different here. We don't let that sort of thing go unpunished .

JiM B.
In Vegas, we kill them. At least two cases of air rage ending very poorly.

We don't put up with people who try to harm Pokemon Go players either.

You can Google the links.

My town just boggles the mind at times.

On topic: rudeness such as he displayed should be painful. Like Hannibal Lecter, I dislike rudeness.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:57 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,327,138 times
Here's a thought. Don't sell alcohol on the plane.

Flying is miserable enough, no need to get passengers drunk and belligerent.

Especially since it's the flight crew that has to deal them. Who wants to be the person that has to cut the passenger off.

Last edited by WeHa; 08-03-2016 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-03-2016, 09:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,167,921 times
That passenger was a sorry sack of $#@$. What a scumbag. I agree, he should never have been allowed on the flight in the first place if he was drunk, and definitely should not have been allowed to have continued to drink. I partially blame the airline for this as well - why do they need to serve alcohol on flights?!

Old 08-03-2016, 10:08 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,327,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I partially blame the airline for this as well - why do they need to serve alcohol on flights?!
Because the big yellow emergency slides are so much more fun when you're wasted.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
That passenger was a sorry sack of $#@$. What a scumbag. I agree, he should never have been allowed on the flight in the first place if he was drunk, and definitely should not have been allowed to have continued to drink. I partially blame the airline for this as well - why do they need to serve alcohol on flights?!
Why not?

Plenty of people on airlines drink alcohol, and don't do what this guy did.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:36 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Why not?

Plenty of people on airlines drink alcohol, and don't do what this guy did.
I know, right? It's like in kindergarten when Jonny stuck chewing gum Under the desk, so nobody got to chew gum anymore.

The guys I sat next to on my last flight had a beer. No big deal.

I don't like group punishments. Punish the idiot who did this. Actions have repercussions. Hopefully, they are proportionate. ( reference to another thread )

Old 08-04-2016, 05:10 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,506,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienlester View Post
I agree with the above posts to stop serving alcohol in the Airports and the Aircraft. Too much potential for douchebagery.
^^^
Honestly, this is the way to go, why/when did consuming spirits & flying become synonymous in the first place? Take liquor off the planes & out of airport lounges.

Really, I enjoyed an in-flight cocktail, but never had more than one, & it was during the golden age of flying, before airline traffic became more like the Grayhound bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events