Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,932,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Human View Post
Eating, drinking and smoking while you drive is illegal in most First World countries for obvious reasons. Unfortunately once again the USA aligns itself with the Third World in its way of thinking.

It only takes one split second of distraction to kill somebody on the road. I don't want to be killed by some fat burger-munching son of a *****.
Really? Can you provide some backup for your assertions (links)? Why is it that the FIRST thing some say if people question the nanny state creating new laws is "well,well, we're just like a third world country".

I'd suggest that by constantly creating all these new laws we're becoming more aligned with many banana republic dictatorships who control EVERYTHING their subjects do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 08:27 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,041,307 times
I live near Seattle. If they did something like this, we would be in full revolt. But with pepper spray because most of the people around here hate guns.

I think the city of Seattle banned texting, or maybe the whole state. But I still see people doing it all the time.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:02 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,372,460 times
Self driving cars will eliminate a lot of the accidents happening due to distractions.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:28 AM

18,518 posts, read 15,502,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Sounds like people in the Garden State are pretty fed up.
While I don't agree with what they are doing necessarily, I don't blame someone for being a bit p***ed at just how ridiculous auto insurance premiums have gotten in some places.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,570,507 times
Quote:
Eating, drinking and smoking while you drive is illegal in most First World countries for obvious reasons. Unfortunately once again the USA aligns itself with the Third World in its way of thinking.

It only takes one split second of distraction to kill somebody on the road. I don't want to be killed by some fat burger-munching son of a *****.
I doubt the person munching on a burger wants to kill themselves or get into an accident. I'm not fat and i eat while driving sometimes and sip on soda or water.

But i bet you love all the fancy new tech in your car with the center dashboard computer screen

The times i've eaten food while driving were on long stretch highways with plenty of space between me and cars in front of me. I'm not going to eat a burger driving in traffic.

But good luck with your laws i hope you get what you ask for because you know... everyone obeys the law

Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM

32,842 posts, read 36,138,608 times
Quote:

At least we don't usually have livestock in the car with us.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:54 AM

444 posts, read 321,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I live near Seattle. If they did something like this, we would be in full revolt. But with pepper spray because most of the people around here hate guns.

I think the city of Seattle banned texting, or maybe the whole state. But I still see people doing it all the time.
Hell.. Cops drive with their phone up to their ear. Beat that! LOL

Pretty much zero enforcement of anything, except random cash-grabs on certain days of the week.... The "all of a sudden" and "out of nowhere" for "any and everything, including nothing" are the giveaways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events